CMV: if we nerf Dva, the power vacuum left behind is better for the game

D.Va is like the Zenyatta of tanks. Balanced, versatile, and fits into a lot of team compositions.

She doesn’t need nerfs.

38 Likes

no just make her boosters require better timing and and if not limited ammo then a tad bit of a damage nerf like minus one damage per pellet since she never has to reload defense matrix is fine though

You already created a thread asking for D.Va nerfs based on pro pickrates that had close to 300 replies, most disagreeing with you. Obviously you didn’t listen to people then and aren’t interested to do it now either. If you still can’t see D.Va is balanced, there’s no arguing with you.

18 Likes

Goats. Once they sit on the point it’s usually the Dva’s job to chase after high ground poke if there aren’t any bigger threats that need to be eaten.

1 Like

Boosters are the fulcrum of her kit that is what makes current DM manageable. Nerfing it wouldn’t necessarily close the gap (nonexistent gap at that besides hog) between her and other off tanks because they aren’t mobile at all.

D.Va has eleven pellets that do up to 2 damage each. You’re effectively halving her dps, even moreso considering D.Va’s average accuracy is 24%.

That’s high ground, of course it’s her job. I assumed you meant poke during the poke phase. I apologize, but again. Why nerf a balanced hero

4 Likes

In that thread my main point was that Dvas pickrate was indicative of some balance problem, and that a nerf might be necessary to balance her if her counters aren’t buffed.

In this thread I’m arguing that regardless of how balanced Dva is, the game would improve if we nerfed her.

1 Like

she is too good at filling every role

1 Like

So… You want to butcher her DPS by 50+%. Uh huh.

Nerfing balanced heroes is never the best option to improve the versatility of comps. Instead, substitutes for D.Va should be introduced.

I recommend looking at actual ladder stats, which I have conveniently summarized in this post.

6 Likes

Pickrates alone do not indicate a need to nerf. You need statistics that state that just picking her adds more to the winrate. She is versatile, does not mean overpowered.

This is a invalid argument: it is basically- Lets nerf a balanced hero, just cause.

5 Likes

So, you are basically admitting that D.Va is balanced and you want to nerf her anyway. Nerfing balanced heroes is not a good plan.

To be honest, the tank heroes as a class are the most balanced class in the game right now (w/ hog PTR buffs). DPS heroes are far more out of wack than Tanks.

You know what else will stop GOATS? A role queue… yep, that is something we need. It would solve SO many problems.

6 Likes

Honestly, the character who enabled GOATS in the first place was Brig. Moira - Lucio was inherited from Slambulance, which isn’t doing great right now, same goes for the tanks. The incredibly useful Shield Bash works wonders for a tank-centred comp, as it makes engaging and combo’ing ults easier, she allows her team to stabilize on objectives very effectively, Inspire and Repair Pack are great to keep everyone alive since every hero plays close to one another, and Rally is awesome for Zarya, Rein and the eventual Zen pick. If anything, she should get a nerf or more effective counterplay.

Besides, I do not know what’s left to nerf with D. Va. Her armor points have been divided by 2, same for her Defense Matrix, her primary fire has had its damage reduced, same for her boosters and micro-missiles… What can we do? Increase the cooldown on her boosters to make her a sitting duck more often?
Honestly, significant buffs to Hog could make him threaten D. Va in many situations. Sombra, Zarya in GOATS, and Mei are also good picks against D. Va. If we severely nerf GOATS’s effectiveness, I believe these heroes could actually be answers against her, since that comp can adapt to these picks. And thus, she’d be less effective everywhere.
I’m not completely sure, of course.

3 Likes

Not really. Someone else will just fill on her place and nothing will change.

1 Like

I very much doubt that DVa’s position would be replaced by a DPS and not a tank.

1 Like

As it stands, when D.Va is subbed out in GOATS it is usually by Sombra. Sometimes Wrecking Ball I think?

1 Like

I definitely want substitutes that make the comps she checks viable against her, or substitutes that can discourage her use, i.e. a viable hog, but we’re looking at 2 new offtanks+hog if they are to be balanced. That’s going to be a very long time, and imo nerfing Dva and substituting in DPS makes more sense.

Exactly. You’d just have Winston / Zarya / Hog comps. That’s all. Heck, you might have that anyway after the Hog buffs, at least for a little while. Some people are dying to play more Roadhog. And he’ll be stronger for sure.

1 Like

It’s not indicative of a problem, it’s an indication that she’s versataile in a pro environment. She does several jobs at a decent level without excelling at them, same as Zen, which means she’s easy to build into several different comps.
You haven’t provided a single good argument as to what should be nerfed and why. It seems to be your very own personal crusade against the character, and not one out of genuine concern for the balance of the game.

7 Likes

I’m thinking the Reaper, Hog, Sym (and upcoming bastion changes) will take a toll on Goats. Or at least I’m hopeful

It doesn’t make more sense. D.Va is balanced. She covers more niches than other off-tanks because she covers them less bad than them, not because she’s good at them. It’s like a square hole with a round peg, but D.Va’s peg is a little bit oblong and you can brute force it.

4 Likes

How about a big fat nope to role Que.