Choppy/ Laggy Gameplay after patch? (PC)

Is anyone else experiencing choppy/laggy gameplay after the patch? My game ran perfectly fine during launch and runs smoothly with other games, but it seems after this latest patch, that OW2 is unplayable for me! I’ll be in a game and will have my teammates/enemies going through walls and going through the floor. I’ll be dead before the game decides to catch up and when I move my hero, they’ll move a tad bit on their own even though I am not pressing down on my keyboard. It is extremely frustrating and I have to ultimately leave the game. My only choice is to not play until it is fixed so I won’t get penalized for leaving matches. :frowning:

1 Like

Yep - I tried to write it up and capture all relevant info in this post, but haven’t received any replies or acknowledgements.

I can’t make any replies to the post due to forum rules but my continued experience gives me a hunch the issue is volume/load balancing related (as the issue only becomes severe during peak hours). I’ve documented specific time stamps in other threads but it was unbearable tonight 10/28 from about 8-930PM EST. I tried WinMTR and everything traceable is behaving as expected (the end of the chain doesn’t respond to trace/ping requests, but I imagine its the services in their GCP instance that are configured to decline those requests and are coincidentally the source of loss).

I think we just have to be patient until they either fix it or the player population settles down.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.