Chinese INPUT is broke after update

Chinese Pinyin Input is totally unusable after the new update, when i shift ENGLISH to Chinese Pinyin Input during i enter pinyin the word selection preview is not showing at all (but its showing outside of game (desktop instead of in game pinyin preview), if i play in full screen and i shift to Chinese pinyin input with alt shift my game will minimize automatically.

note: only happened when i use MICROSOFT PINYIN INPUT from windows 10,try with other 3rd party input software and its work charm without any issue

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same problem. US server, English main language, but when I switch to Pinyin input (alt-shift), the game minimizes. The Chinese input icon will change but I can’t type.

The same thing happens with Japanese Microsoft IME input as well. I tried to type in Japanese about 2 days ago and the game keeps minimizing. Switched to Simplified Chinese and the same thing happens. I’ve been trying to look for a fix ever since, but I can’t seem to find one. At first I thought it was just my laptop’s keyboard settings messing up on their own but after seeing a couple of posts on the forum regarding the same issue happening to other people as well, I don’t think it’s my keyboard settings anymore.

The only workaround I can think of is to use windowed mode, which is something I’d rather to avoid doing.

Heroes - Would you mind posting what version of Windows you are using currently? We want to look into this issue further.

1 Like

Same for me, Windows 10. Typing in Pinyin input tabs out the game immediately and makes text chat impossible.

windows10, same issue.

Windows 10
Microsoft Windows
版本1809 (OS内部版本17763.437)
◎2018 Microsoft Corporation。保留所有权利。

Windows 10专业版操作系统及其用户界面受美国和其他国家/地区的商标法和其他待颁布或已颁布的知识产权法保护。

How to view your own windows version?
answer:
1.Press WIN+R
2.input winver
3.Click OK

Can’t type Chinese Characters as well, please assist in this. It is irritating that you ain’t able to type chinese using the Microsoft Pinyin Input. I could not even communicate using text towards chinese player.

Windows 10 Home, OS build 17763.437 Version 1809

And also i found there are many player from china facing this issue (they posted on CHINA OW forum)