Cheers to Four Years: Dev Memories of Overwatch

Grats to the team. Y’all made a hell of a fun game.

14 Likes

The video on the article won’t load (at least for me). It’s just a black screen. Let me see Hanzo wall running dammit!

9 Likes

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/page_media/ze/ZETQG16NMGK21590785973677.mp4

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/page_media/0w/0WBISG2XH8DL1590786383150.mp4

6 Likes
10 Likes

beat me to it

1 Like

Are they working now?! I’m seeing them load on my end, but want to make sure its working! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Cheers dev team!! I know the forums have a lot of negative feedback but plenty of us love everything you do! Hope y’all enjoyed & cherish anniversary as much as we do. <3

14 Likes

Four years? That was kinda quick NGL

3 Likes

It didn’t work for me earlier but now it’s ok !

1 Like

Dear Devs
You already know this, I’m sure, but never forget: people criticise and b**** about this game because they LOVE it. I personally think you’ve squandered lightning in a bottle. Not being shady, I love this game and want it to be better for us all. You’ve created something dreamlike here.

9 Likes

That’s great, what about Overwatch 2?

Petition to make Stick-Figure Tracer an actual skin.

11 Likes

Cool article ! I like that Jeff asked the new recruit about his cat before any other question

4 Likes

you guys really made something special that no one will be able to replicate for years, or even ever.
never forget that.

10 Likes

Yes, the videos are working fine now :smiley:

2 Likes

Long ago, when the universe first emerged from the primordial void and the elements of creation had yet to divide and settle into their shapes… Hanzo and Lucio were one.

3 Likes

I look forward to the followup article in 4-5 years “Dev memories of Overwatch 2”

6 Likes

The ride has been an eventful one, certainly. When you guys were hyping up this new setting, the first new Blizzard IP in years, it was a masterful campaign. I was onboard from the get-go. I loved the story and the designs, and everything was executed with enough gusto to really make it all work.

A bright cyberpunk superhero universe (that I think could use a little more “super”) is just a fun setting. And then you delivered on the hype with an absolute masterclass in character appeal, fun and frenetic gameplay, and hints of that old Blizzard flair.

Those of us who are still here, even if we complain sometimes, are here because we’ve seen the greatness at the core of this whole thing and we want more!

Cheers, loves. The world could always use more heroes!

6 Likes

Such an amazing game that still holds up and excels after 4 entire years. Congrats to the Overwatch team. And the end of that article- with Jeff talking about the moments leading up to the announcement combined with the video he took- I could even feel butterflies in my stomach and I wasn’t even there. Can’t imagine what it must feel like to work on something so secret for so long and then announce it to millions. Really sweet moment. Congrats again guys!

4 Likes

Awesome post,

I went back and watched the 2014 announcement trailer after reading it. Teared up a little, I love this game.

4 Likes