Check who has been Nano'ed

I was following this format listed below to create this for a custom game I’m working on, and I’m unable to reproduce it.

" Create three Player Variables: i, potentialNano and isNanoed

For Conditions:

Hero of(Event Player) == Hero(Ana)

Ultimate Charge Percent(Event Player) == 100

Is Button Held(Event Player, Ultimate) == True

For Actions:

Set Player Variable(Event Player, potentialNano) = Player Closest to Reticle(Event Player, Team Of(Event Player))

While(Ultimate Charge Percent(Event Player) == 100)

Wait(0.250)

Modify Player Variable(Event Player.i += 1)

If(Is Button Held(Event Player, Secondary Fire) == True || EventPlayer.i > 15)

Set Player Variable(Event Player.potentialNano = Null)

Abort

End

End

Set Player Variable(EventPlayer.potentialNano, isNanoed = True) "

Specifically, the last part of this line " If(Is Button Held(Event Player, Secondary Fire) == True || EventPlayer.i > 15) ".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You don’t actually have to do all of this (and in fact, this will definitely not work, as the targeting system for abilities like Nanoboost and Duplicate are a lot more complicated than just getting the closest player to reticle, and so far nobody has managed to reverse engineer it), you can instead just do a Player Dealt Healing event with the player set to Ana, along with the condition Event Ability == Button(Ultimate). This will work even if the nano target is at full health, since the Player Dealt Healing event registers 0-heal events as well.

3 Likes

I’ll try that out, thank you! I can send you a link to the original post, but they said the “Dealt Healing” thing wouldn’t work, and after a couple debates, ended up with that.

but thank you a ton!! <3

Workshop unfortunately don’t have an way to track this, if nano boost gives player amont of health pool, maybe you can try track max player health (not normalized)

Nanoboost heals the target for 250 HP, which you can absolutely track with a Player Dealt Healing event along with Event Ability. Like I said, it’ll even work when the target is at full health, since Player Dealt Healing can detect 0 heal events.

2 Likes

It absolutely did work. You’re a legend.