Cheating is a real problem

I wasn’t aware how the game could be infested with cheaters until I saw someone cheating right in front of me!

Cheats have evolved a lot since I was a kid, there is somekind of interceptor algoritm that changes what are we seeing in the screen while cheating vs what data is sent to the game server, which makes cheats undetectable even if we pay all the attention whatching a replay.

I mean, when we are playing with aimbot we see the crosshair teleporting to the characters head, but if we watch the replay or kill cam, there is no teleport thing, somekind of algoritm intercepted that moment and changed it to make it look soo smooth that we could say for sure that is 100% legit.

After seeing that feature in modern cheats software, damn that makes me think how many cheaters I may have already faced until now

3 Likes

Real problem? The game itself is not real. Cheating in ow2 its like stealing ocean water. Wasting time

1 Like

You have faced a million cheaters bro. Soon it all be easy to tell when you come across the 5 stack cheaters, the insta lock on no recoil headshot soldiers. The insta headshot hanzos and widows and ashes. And no not just a few times, every engagement when it counts, or toggle when they are getting pwned. It’s sad and itvsucks, but this is overwatch 2 right now. It doesn’t have to be. Cheaterwatch2 Ftl.

2 Likes

Cheaters have been a problem in every online multiplayer game.

Is OW2 having an up tick… probably. Personally not seen one for months, and there isn’t any data either way…

1 Like

All games online have lots of cheaters and most people now are oblivious to this or are numb to the fact that someone out there cant use a mouse and a keyboard to play a video game. So they all have to resort to something known as an aim assistance device or program.

There are more people out there today that believe that this is NOT a form of cheating. simply because they believe learning anything or any new skill in life should be handed to them.

The amount of replays I see this day in age are so generic from players that it is very obvious something is doing the aiming for them. Since it all aims the same way.

Back in the day. People use to all have their own styles of aiming and it was interesting to see insane flick shots and good corrections made before someone would land a shot on someone.

That has come and gone. Since tons of people use this stuff and they subscribe and pay cheat makers lots of money to always remain under the radar of detection software.

As for game publishers. They are doing nothing about it because they don’t want a Timmy to feel bad for not being able to sit down at a computer and learning how to actually play a video game. If they are banned, they no longer will play said game.

In in the end. Online games where player vs player is a thing, will eventually just die off or become like everything else. Where EVERYONE cheats, just like sports were starting to become where everyone uses steroids.

The biggest give away with cheaters is always the one that is missed in the forum accusation threads…

And it isn’t the aim. They always forget the positioning.

If I play support, without much grind I will be low plat. If I then cheat and end up in GM… I will stand out like a sore thumb because my positioning, game sense and reactions would be atrocious in comparison to those around me. I could probably tweak the cheat to make my aim look as realistic as possible… the positioning would still give me away. I would still be an obvious cheater.

1 Like

give us a replay code then

nah you wanna know what REAL problem in this game is, IMMORTALY ABILITIES, buncha garbage teams and players bailed out for their dogcrap play with grip/suzu, trash hero and ability design, braindead because the player base can’t learn how to play the game, they feed and feed and feed so they add these dumbcrap heroes to the game. devs are lost.