Charge-up time for Brigette's Shield Bash?

From ( The State of Overwatch Reaction and Discussion (ft. Seagull, Surefour, xQc):

(It is worth watching the whole video, but this suggestion at 1:51:07 really seemed spot-on)

Really interesting suggestion. Essentially allowing counter-play without necessarily nerfing the effect of the ability itself.

Sure this is a niche example, but could be a really elegant solution to bring more counter-play into Overwatch.

Would there be any serious drawbacks to having this type of wind-up effect to telegraph the use of the ability so people could respond to it?

The duration of the wind-up time is interesting too. Not too slow as to never get it off, but not too quick that the target can’t react.

Refunds would also perhaps add a new depth to the game, with the feint and counter-feint…

Well I hope someday blizz will get around to reworking brig, and charge up time for her bash could be a good decision. I’ve always thought brigs design is just all around terrible and she’s needed a rework more than nerfs, but for now I’ll accept the nerfs.

I’m all in favor of a charge up time for Genji’s deflect.