🤦 Change the Role Queue Comp to 3-2-1

If you have enough dps players quit the game or change roles the queue times will be fixed, just wait and give it time :stuck_out_tongue:
Honestly, most of the suggestions regarding changes to 2/2/2 I’ve read in the forum so far just make the game worse for support and tank players, which are the roles we need more players on anyways. No one in their right mind would make these roles even more undesirable to play, because this would result in even higher queue times for dps, as less people play tank or support.

1 Like

Indeed you re not rocket scientist.
BTW with some broken heroes like zarya and hog you can already play 1 tank 3 dps 2 healers.

They spent years trying to cater to the DPS pew pew community and the game remained a disaster zone. Now it is time for all the ‘pew pew deeps’ to adapt to playing a balanced config.

1 Like

Then the tank category gets a universal passive where they give less ult charge. Obviously it would be achange that requires a lot of other changes, any of these sweeping tank changes would.

2 Likes

The better option was and remains improving LFG (actually addressing people’s concerns with it)…and leaving role queue (and in what conformation) optional

If you want it out of the game…it’s there for you…if not well you don’t have to be forced into anything…

Adding more dps slots is absolutely not the answer. Encouraging more people to play tanks by improving balance and adding more of them IS the answer … imo

2 Likes

For this to work you would need to change tanks to work alone
ALL OF THEM NOT ONLY OFF TANKS.

It won’t reduce the queue times for the dps by a lot and will just make the life of solo tanks and solo healers even more miserable so even less ppl queuing for those roles.

Not if you beef up the tanks enough. If the tanks were actually hard to kill and could protect teams or make space for them solo, then tanking would be fun, supports wouldn’t suffer, and we’d have more room for DPS. It does require some serious tank rebalancing to be sure, but it can be done.

For example:

Zarya now has 50 more shields. Zarya’s solo-bubble now lasts a minimum of 1 second and has cooldown reduced by 1 second if broken. Zarya’s ally bubble now has 2 charges. Boom. Zarya is now a solo tanking beast.

1 Like

ready or not! here i come!

i know it’s not related to the subject but that’s all i could see when i looked at that title

But this will mean the battle is lost in the moment when the tank/healer dies. They will be hunted down more than a bastion.

DPS crying how strong tanks are.
After this change: DPS rolling on the floor and given in on despair how unfun and unfair it feels to play against tanks.

Killing the off tank role is so incredibly stupid, I don’t even know where to start to explain why

But it also means that both healers only have one tank to focus on.

I’m not going to say that it will necessarily be that easy to rebalance them, but you see my point. With a few innovative changes to each it’s possible.

The thing is, people are already not willing to pick tanks and having to solo tank puts even more responsibility on already unwanted role.

The tanks will have to be made near unstoppable for anyone to feel confident when playing them cuz they will get a lot of heat from all the dps and the enemy tank too.

No need to kill off the off tanks. They’d just be DPS slotted.

This sentence shows that you don’t understand the role and the concept of off tanks.

TL:DR:
Off tanks bridge the gap between DPS and tanks. Their job is to provide “tank” utillity (smaller form of peeling) without being as effective as a tank. They are needed for tank survivalbility, they are needed as a buffer.

In 3 DPS we won’t see any off tanks played and if tanks get buffed that they can solo tank, then off tank + main tank will be totally busted

They said FFA was never gonna happen and guess what mate.

Well, lets go for 2k then because its a fact and people shouldnt give up on truth for “because I say so”.

The irony when you realise 222 is here because some people could not adapt and lack versatility :rofl:

3 Likes

“Some people coudln’t adapt” :rofl:
+3-4DPS was the norm in gold and plat, I wouldn’t call it some, I would say it was many

If devs wish that for their game, I would stop playing and wish them the best.

Or use the LFG, because god forbid they use a tool that literally allows them to create their desired comp and everything they wanted without having to use more than 1 click :rofl:

I dont know why you bring a dead meme but its false. Theres absolutely 0 evidence in that regard but live your dream :sunglasses:

2 Likes