CC nerfs - and why this does nothing

Having it not freeze the target makes it a lot more useless as a skill as moving targets keep their momentum as if nothing happened. It was changed to freeze people in place for exactly that reason.

I guess people don’t seem to realize when Jeff was talking about stuns he literally meant stuns and not soft CC. Doomfist only has one stun and that stun can’t be changed because it has to last long enough for it to punch you into a wall.

Soft CC still allows you to move and doesn’t technically lock how real stuns can. This is also why Sombra is not on the nerf list because Hack doesn’t remove your ability to move.

2 Likes

Speak for yourself.

Less stun duration = less time not playing the game.

2 Likes

Sigma rock got nerfed SO HARD for next to 0 gain, they’ve swapped all the stuns from kill confirms into interrupts, but Sigma is weak enough as is and a rock stun time nerf was the last thing he needed, especially after the kill combo was deleted.

There's a second opinion for you. -Doc

YOU don’t care about these nerfs - you can’t talk for everyone. This is a childish way to finish your argument which is a shame.

Mcree change is important because it both gives some heroes an escape and others a chance to shoot back before the 2nd head-shot. That is not a nothing change.

Why do you pick on Mei for freezing you for 1.3 seconds instead of Ana with her (now) 5 second sleep or Sombra with her hack which for some heroes is a high chance death (thinking Sigma at least).

I’d rather see these small steps than no changes, but the general gyst of your post I agree with - abilities that remove your ability to play the game for more than a moment (by which I mean flashbang is ok, rock is ok, etc.) are a negative for the game. Interestingly Jeff acknowledges that these types of abilities are disliked by the player base, but “fixing” a 6s sleep to be a 5s sleep is meant to help. It doesn’t.

Shows you don’t understand the math involved.

Or how this is a nerf that is squarely targeted at OWL tier play.

The Brig nerf is just an excuse to make it a little less annoying though.

And yeah most the other nerfs are “so what, whatever” changes.

But the Sigma one is interesting, because it shows the devs might be thinking about dismantling Orisa/Sigma synergy.
Since Halt+Rock was pretty much the only way to reliably hit Accretion at any distance.

1 Like

Ny problem is that all of the CC duration nerfs indirectly buff Doomfist.

The king of CC is not only untouched in this patch, but benefits from it.

3 Likes

Doom has gotten a ton of CC nerfs in the past 6 months though.

I think a lot of people just don’t want him to be viable at all.

1 Like

Yeah, most stuns in this game don’t punish based on duration as much as they punish based on interruption. When you get shieldbashed while using TAB, you’re not mad because you’ll be stunned for a long time. You’re mad because you just lost all that healing. Flashbangs over Rein’s shield are a big deal because the shield goes down at all, not because of how long Rein himself is stunned. Ults are even worse. Honestly, the only times I even care about the duration of a stun are for Sleep Dart and Blizzard.

I’d have much rather seen them do something to nerf repeated stuns. Getting flashbanged or 0.1 second shorter isn’t some great coup. But what if they made it so you couldn’t get slept, then flashed, then shield bashed, then rocket punched, without any gap in between. Stuns are meant to counter low health / high mobility heroes; but right now they’re too effective when they’re stacked onto tanks. Tanks will always be way easier to land stuns on. Decreasing the value of multiple stuns would make them much less effective on tanks, who need multiple stuns to bring down, without nerfing them much at all against heroes like Genji and Tracer.

That might be true. But I’m not thrilled he’s getting an indirect buff since the things that kept him in check are being dialed back, either.

I’ll just be blunt - I don’t want him buffed. He can stay where he’s at, but I don’t think he should be buffed, indirectly or directly.

1 Like

Look at it this way, more Doom means more Sombra.

Ironically, I don’t like being forced to play Sombra. And having to play her to babysit one hero is not fun for either me nor the Doomfist. :confused:

3 Likes

During the Doom meta we didnt saw more Sombra because shes still too weak when used purely as a counterpick. So there goes that.

1 Like

The last doom meta she wasn’t used because she couldn’t get Ult charge off the excessive amount of barriers.

Which is why they changed hack so it cancels Sigma barrier. Didnt help. Her kit is overal too weak.

Well, they could buff her significantly if they put in some counterplay to EMP, that doesn’t involve “everybody social distance yourself away from each other”.

I.e. Preemptive Zarya bubble blocks EMP entirely

They did nerf EMP duration and cast time. When she EMPs most enemies with a half decent awareness can almost shoot her down when she gets out of the EMP animation forcing her to translocate out or die, which as a result removes her from the follow up. Since Sombra makes up 50% of the dps slots that by itself is already big counterplay.

Mccree don’t deserve the nerf if the nerf went live then there is no real counter to the likes of Tracer and high mobility heroes they will get away easily

So counterplay is that Sombra sucks when not getting off EMPs?
But you want Sombra to not suck?

Yes, to a degree Sombra counters herself just by all the inbuild drawbacks of her kit not allowing her being effective enough to get the job done.
Literally just shooting her cancels her entire kit except EMP, but shooting her puts her under so much pressure that she cant follow up on her own EMP.