Cass Grenade huh?

https://twitter.com/skiesti_/status/1671993231180185600

The Hindered makes sense, although it probably shouldn’t cancel active mobility cooldowns. Just block casting them.

But the homing and damage is too much.

7 Likes

You think the 10hp Mercy should’ve lived there with the well placed Nade? There was almost no homing involved, you don’t see it gravitate toward her until the very end

How bad of an ability do you want it to be that you think a measly 10 damage stick with a well thrown nade is now overpowered

5 Likes

I mean yes it looked like luck, but what does this prove? This is obviously going to be a rare case. Tho I am fine with it going back to its old range, would pretty much be the same.

2 Likes

If that was an Ana grenade, she’d be dead. The homing seems to just be compensation for it not being an AOE blast grenade.

1 Like

And for it being pretty slow moving. We all know the ability would be garbage without aoe like flash had, or the big hitbox this has cuz if the tracking.

2 Likes

My dude, that was thrown at the Doomfist well after both left his screen, the Mercy just happened to get hit by it. Nothing about that was good placement, it was luck.

5 Likes

Pretty obvious from the clip that Cassidy was trying to kill the Mercy considering he shot her, saw Winston dive her & knew she would fly away. But hitting Doom wouldn’t have been bad either.

Just because you think he was aiming for Doom with the nade doesn’t mean he was.

Honestly, I’d rather the grenade take away my ability to control my character for like a second versus literally pulling the E brakes on pretty much every mobility ability. Because to me, literally stopping dead in your tracks because a sticky nade attached itself to you, makes very little sense. Being disoriented makes sense.

And what I mean by lose control, I don’t mean everything just stops, I mean, if you’re using a mobility ability (tied to an Ult or otherwise), then you can not change direction, you can only go forward.

Or at least something anything but this mess that we’ve been given.

What is wrong with damage/homing in the clip exactly??

Mercy died to the 10 damage from Cass sticking magnade because she was already shot by Cass & dove/zapped by Winston…

Magnade didn’t home in from across the map either, she kinda flew into it. It wouldn’t have hit her until she flew away directly into where he threw it

1 Like

She flew right into the nade radius. This isn’t the nades fault.

1 Like

Well specifically, I think people would feel better if the homing was 3x faster but with 1/3rd the duration.

The rubberbanding effect is really offputting.

Also give it a maximum 60 degree turning angle. 100 degree turns are also really offputting.

2 Likes

Sif he wouldn’t have a homing Grenade - this isn’t World War 1

I’m just a bit confused as this is I think the 2nd (maybe 3rd) clip you’ve posted claiming Cass nade needs nerfing while it doesn’t do anything absurd (at least, not in the clips you’ve provided)

First it was Jay3 getting hit by a Cass predicting his recall location (as he should’ve) and now this clip where Cass throws it and Mercy flies into the path and dies

I’ve seen nothing out of the ordinary in either example you’ve tried to provide

1 Like

His grenade is anti mobility, so the Mercy should be affected by it. However, I DO think the slow on the grenade needs to be removed. The ‘Hindard’ status effect should be enough to deter mobility heroes.

1 Like

Well let’s just say, the perception of rubber banding on the projectile is a bad thing.

And that’s caused by the slow travel speed, and strong homing.

LMAOOO THIS PICTURE

2 Likes

the homing and damage isn’t too much, the range is too much. compare using grenade for a max of 10-12 meters to the new grenade that has infinite range. the range needs nerfing thats why it sucks to go against and why i get hindered from narnia

4 Likes
2 Likes

all of this could’ve been avoided had they made flashbang slow instead of stun from the get go, but they blanket removed all cc without thinking about interactions and purpouse

That could be a way to kinda fix a lot of this. Go back to the Flashbang projectile. But with the Hinder/Slow.

And hopefully make it so it doesn’t cancel active mobility abilities.