Career profile stats not updating in overwatch 2

If it wasn’t fixed with this patch, I think we might be defeated. And the best part is that they won’t even give us the closure by telling us it isn’t getting fixed. Ugh.

3 Likes

“We are currently working to restore all affected accounts, however we expect it will take several weeks before we can restore Overwatch stats for all affected accounts.”

SEVERAL WEEKS surely
more like several years.

2 Likes

I originally installed this game last year in October on my PS4 and connected it to my battle.net account to play with my friend on console. It sucked so I went and tried playing it on my PC and it was awesome, I played it for weeks having a blast… until I eventually looked at my career progression and noticed that none of the dozens of hours of stats and progress I played on PC tracked, it literally only tracks on my PS4 since I guess it locks to the first system you play it on? Nice “cross-progression.” Anyways, I gave up and quit the game because whats the point if none of my progress is tracking. Now, I noticed it was just released on Steam, so I install the game thinking “hell yeah I think im gonna get back into this game, theres no way the broken progression bug im having isnt fixed by now, im sure plenty of other people have complained about it.” Yeah, 9 months later and its still bugged out unfun garbage. What a joke of a development team. I was really excited too :frowning:

4 Likes

What sucks, too—besides the fact that it isn’t getting fixed anyway—is that it seems there’s only a small handful of us left that still care about this. :frowning:

2 Likes

I was hopeful they’d have fixed this issue with the Season 6 update, seeing how much they plugged the new progression system and all; but no, that hope was clearly misplaced.

It’s still listed in “Known Issues”, meaning they’re aware of it, but why in the world is it taking so long? They had claimed it to be resolved within “several weeks”, but we’re currently 10 months into the game’s lifespan, what gives?

2 Likes

Good news, Aaron Keller officially acknowledged the career profile bug in a recent twitter reply, saying that they’re hoping to have a fix in for this in the mid season release in early September.

Link here: https://twitter.com/ControlWolf/status/1691708127794938191

Link to the competitive bugs megathread for anyone experiencing issues with their competitive career profile as well: The Competitive Bugs Megathread

7 Likes

WHAT!!

I actually can’t believe it. I seriously thought they lost the data. This will be the best thing to happen to OW2 so far, lol.

4 Likes

they prob had to put this low on the list since they had to do so much this year, but still crazy why it took so long for new info, but hey as long they fix it im happy. So really hope this will happen in Sept

4 Likes

Why am I not surprised that they haven’t fixed it?

3 Likes

Yeah. I dared to get my hopes up.

3 Likes

maybe september next year :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Indeed, it would be incredibly generous of the Developers to return our stats an entire month early of the game’s second anniversary.

3 Likes

Almost the end of September this issue is still not resolved. My competitive stats are also glitch. It only shows the quick play competitive games stats, not the fixed role competitive games. Also on their website my regular quick play stats are not shown although they are shown in game.

OW team please fix this issue as it is really frustrating. So many people care about stats, just like me.

4 Likes

:bell::bell::bell: Day 365! Give it up for Day 365!! :bell::bell::bell:

4 Likes

Chill guys, STOP BEING BABYS.
Blizzard is just a small indie studio with only 73 Billion dollars to work with.

it’s gonna need some time to fix this extremely Hard problem just be patient, I’m sure we gonna get out stats when ow3 comes out.

3 Likes

What’s disturbing me is that I don’t see a known issues thread anymore? They unpinned it? Does that mean they’re just giving up or what? Where can we still see this issue acknowledged?

4 Likes

I was literally just looking for that. Truly amazing. They really doubled down with losing all of our hours just to start this whole ‘promotion’ thing for each character. Like I didn’t have 1,000+ hours on Sombra or anything, just wipe the slate clean and start over. Fun, right?

3 Likes

Hello, (tldr at bottom)

The day Overwatch 2 dropped, my profile lost OVER 1000 HOURS total played time. I was forced to “merge accounts” with my PC account. I only had like 1 hour on my PC account, I tried it one day and didn’t like how it ran on my weak system. Because I tried Overwatch on PC briefly, my console account(main) has suffered so to speak with a glitched account that lost so much progress time/stats.

Myself and many others have yet to have this fixed. The initial thread said “this may take several weeks to fix”, posted I believe October 21st. They have not mentioned this since then besides noting they’re aware of it.

I had 2700 hours total played time at the end of Overwatch 1. At the start of Overwatch 2, my profile dropped to 1700 hours total played time. It looks as if each of my character’s total hours have been deleted evenly by a certain percentage like 60%.

Why has this not been fixed yet? Am I supposed to forget about it? I LOVED looking at my stats, say what you want but I’m proud of my hours and kept an open profile. I loved making hours-played goals for all my characters. Like “reach at least 40 hours played for each character” etc. I would scroll to the bottom of the list to see which characters had the lowest hours and work on them. I also enjoyed making goals to reach 100 hours on my most played heros.

This goes alongside the joy I had leveling up, and reaching the next border until finally capping at 5 stars diamond border. I seriously was hoping Overwatch 2 was going to add new played time borders. I understand why they were removed.(apparently people being ridiculed and judged based on played time…?) They could have at least added new borders and if people didn’t want that shown, could just disable it alongside the stats when setting your profile to private. You can imagine my sadness when they were removed entirely. I love prestige systems that you can show off. It’s one of my favorite things certain games sometimes have.

TL;DR: Stats of console players that merged with PC have lost MANY hours on their accounts and it still hasn’t been fixed.

Please give us an update. It’s been almost 7 months since this has even been addressed. Support tickets do nothing, they tell us to post in the forums, yet I’ve been posting in the forums about this for 7 months. It’s getting to the point where this is insulting. Please, a small update. Anything. I love your game Blizzard, been playing it for 6 years. I do not however love the lack of communication on this particular issue

8 Likes

They actually have acknowledged it fairly recently; if you scroll up a little bit, you’ll find that Azdyph linked to a tweet from Aaron, in which he claimed they were planning to introduce a fix for it in the midseason patch, but quite evidently, that didn’t come to fruition…

3 Likes

To be fair, given their track record, it would have been more surprising if the bug fix wasn’t delayed. Unfortunately, the midseason patch was a month ago, so its safe to assume this issue will continue to remain unfixed for some more time. Perhaps I am a fool, but the fact the game director publicly addressed this bug and outright gave an estimated fix date long after being radio silent for almost an entire year tells me that they have been working on fixing this bug all this time and have nearly finished it. But I suppose only time will tell.

5 Likes