Can't rejoin a game after a DC, access to chat though

First time seeing this bug after many of games with DC. I got DCed middle game, restarted the game completely.

I am now stuck on the main menu, have the Rejoin match button. However, I can’t access the match as it does nothing.

Best thing is, I still have access to my group and match chats … On top of a wonderful “Leaving too many games will result in penalties”. How ironic :wink:

23 Likes

I had the same issue, got disconnected mid competitive match and had the rejoin match button turn back into the play button. Thats horrible for the competitive community.

16 Likes

Yeah … got rid of the issue by switching regions on the battle net menu. Can access the game now, play another match. Still this penalty warning though.

1 Like

Yep I had the same problem

2 Likes

Happened to me too, it also seems to be a already long existing problem. Internet was/is fine and immediately (like under 5 sec.) am pushin the “re-join” button and…nothing happens as im just confronted by the start menue again. Pressed the button over 10 times until it changed to a “play a game” button…im banned for an hour now…
This is just ridiculous.

3 Likes

same issue here fr blizzard need to fix their network

3 Likes

Disconnect from game. then, I tried rejoin the match and that button do absolutely nothing. then I got penalty for 60 minutes.

5 Likes

same here and for me there is no option to rejoin , instant suspended

1 Like

Same here, the game froze completely I had to hard restart the computer. Then back after 2 min (thanks SSD) I had the “join game” button there but clicking on it did nothing, it turned back to “play” with a ban.
Very annoying cause it was an almost guaranted win I can’t imagine my teamates frustration as well

2 Likes

I was just in a competitive match, lost connection to the game server for less than 15 seconds, was kicked out of the game with instant 15 min ban, no way to rejoin, and lost an endorsement level.

This is an absolutely ridiculous way to handle an unfortunate incident that happens maybe a few times a year with my ISP. If I never rejoined, I could understand the suspension, but I was never even given an option.

4 Likes

Is this haven’t fixed yet? It happened to me. Can’t click rejoin button even if I spammed it.

2 Likes

Same here, I got disconnect and can’t even join. Better bring back previous overwatch if this keep happening!!!

1 Like

This happened to me for the second time now

1 Like

Still happening. Just happened to me. 20 days since this was first a problem and still nothing. My start-up company does bug fixing better than these morons.

3 Likes

Well just happened to me, internet went out for a 30 secs, i logged back in and i have a 15 min ban. can’t even rejoin my comp game.

3 Likes

Was gonna break the losing streak with the disconnected match. How is this still a problem a month after launch?

1 Like

This happens to me constantly , I have to spam the rejoin match button around like 10 times to join back

1 Like

Same here got disconnected relogged and rejoin match turns to play and I’m banned

1 Like

i also have the some issue ;-; and MULTIPLE TIME

1 Like

just happened to me too, Blizzard pls huhu

1 Like