Can't rank up! Bug?

I have been doing very well in games compared to other tanks I see, going 40-60+ elims to under 10 deaths regularly and getting double/triple damage and mitigation than enemy tanks. I consistently win way more than I lose. However, I have been stuck on Bronze 4. I have won 15 games in the last few days and every time I rerank there is no movement, always Bronze 4. I don’t want to sound cocky and like I’m claiming I should be in a higher rank, just wondering if anyone else has the same issue. It just feels really unrewarding :frowning:

12 Likes

yup. getting stuck in same rank is very normal. just look at the forums…

u can win more matches and get de-ranked…

the devs just does not care

it’s just not fun anymore, not even worth ur time

1 Like

rank up is RNG, luck and hazard, not fair algorithm or good/bad performances.

2 Likes

this… :weary: :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling: the devs just ignores

1 Like

Im having the same issue. Stuck at the same rank never any movement. Win 5 games in a row, still no movement. It just doesnt move at all. I play with friends 90% of the time time and they all go up, I never change (up or down). Reported it before but the devs dont seem to care.

1 Like
1 Like

my advice: stop being obsessed with your rank, nobody understands anything about it, neither the players nor the dev team.

Play as usual, do the maximum, but forget your rank (SR), and then according to the dev team only the MMR, which it is impossible to know for the players, is important, the visible SR, ie your rank is just cosmetic.

2 Likes

I have been stuck in bronze since the game launched. I’ve won plenty of competitive games, and my stats are frequently top notch compared to the players in those games. I check players profiles in my game and they are ranked Gold or sometimes even Platinum, yet I am in Bronze… How does any of this make sense? Why is it so difficult to fix this issue? They could at least show a current MMR and an MMR to reach the next level… Many of my friends in Overwatch don’t have this issue and it is almost forcing people to create new accounts just to be properly placed in competitive.

2 Likes

Order the boost - they fix those “bugs” really quick

1 Like

What is order the boost and how does it work?

1 Like

Type these two words + game name in google and learn more

1 Like

Here’s a link to my post in case you would like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I am not one to usually complain but I am in a very similar situation and I just can’t seem to quite understand. I have gone positive (5-3 or better ) in four straight rankings and have not moved at all. Not that it matters, but my win rate for all of my tank heroes for this competitive season in 65 % or better. I am out playing opposing tanks ( some of higher ranking than me) and I feel like each time I have tried improving or focusing on things that I thought would help me climb. I’m not saying I belong in Gm or anything like that, but I haven’t moved from Bronze 3 and I’m just at a point where I am confused. What is more confusing is that if I go 5-7 in dps , in most cases I de- rank. I would have accepted going up 1 , but this is just confusing and seems wrong. Any updates from anyone would be helpful, thanks!

2 Likes

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing either the bug that prevents your rank from being adjusted or the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

I was gold 4 yesterday. Grinded just now to get a new placement to recover my all time high. after 5 wins and 2 losses, I got placed from silver 4 to silver 1. this game just offers betrayal left and right as a user/player/supporter since O1. really frustrating. will step away if this doesn’t get any better, especially that i get to be placed on 2 lower ranks almost everytime. what a bummer Blizzard. i feel betrayed and scammed (cos of battle pass).

2 Likes

I’ve had the same issues but for some reason whenever I’ve played support roles in ranked, always hard stuck in bronze even though I try to keep constant 10k heals above and some decent amount of elimination and won like 20 games the last few days :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I tried all the differents advices

• healbot
  • play dps support
  • no death

no change at all

Dev team want all support players to leave, it’s the only answer.

1 Like

bruh you are not doing enough healing that’s why … hahaha I give up on this game its not worth it.

the whole system is so broken

1 Like

Same problem here, i did 5-2, 5-3, 5-2 and still the same rank, fix this damn devs!

2 Likes

I have done 4 sets of ranking up, only having like one or two loses, and it won’t get me out of bronze 5 when I wasn’t even in bronze 5.

3 Likes