Cant rank despite playing the same game with people who did

I have now played 20 games as support in OW2 and have not moved from Bronze 4. Every round I won or lost varying different amounts of games and didn’t move. I played with an unranked friend the same amount of games and they went silver 2. I think I am bugged. This friend and I are were in silver last season.

Seems very weird to me that I can’t rank past bronze 4

3 Likes

Same here except with different ranks. I got trolled by my friend’s friends who didn’t seem to like me much despite me not knowing them… I’m assuming it’s because I’m female and they felt that I was intruding on male time? Anyways, they trolled and threw on purpose while i was trying to get placed for an hour straight before I just left as they weren’t budging despite my friend trying to reason. I wound up placing silver 2 despite usually playing with higher ranked people so my friends didn’t mind bringing me into gold and plat lobbies. I played all night and it was much harder than it needed to be but it’s whatever as i intended on getting there anyways so might as well get used to it… We won quite a bit and I should have ranked up. I’m fairly certain I was silver 1 before tonight and now I’m somehow silver 2 on the friends leaderboard despite all our wins… I should be one win away from gold 3. I have to check rank in that list as the career profile won’t even show any rank at all… I was super excited to enter the competitive seen in ow2 and this is EXTREMELY dampening the spirit. I literally stayed up all night because it was the first time I worked sooo well with someone in ranked. It was the first time playing ranked with these specific 2 of my friends.

1 Like

Linking my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this thread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Yeah, just an update. I had a friend say to play open queue competitive and my rank would properly update and i did that. I did, in fact, derank to silver 2 from silver 1 despite the two friends I was playing with in the exact same games on the exact same team ranking up. We were winning more than we were losing. Furthermore, I went and got my one more win to rank up this afternoon and the screen came up to rank up and i ranked up from silver2 to silver 2 :confused: … I’m going to uninstall and reinstall but I doubt that’ll change anything and there’s really no point in playing ranked for me which is super unfair. How else am I supposed to get better? How else was this game supposed to stay interesting… and why is everyone telling me blizzard won’t care and won’t fix it? I hope that’s not true. I spent money on the battle passes because I loved this game so much… I’d definitely regret that if they really don’t care about this game.

1 Like

It’s kind of difficult to follow your match history from your description, but from the way I understand it, the rank adjustments seem somewhat reasonable. You started off the season with a major loss streak while playing with the first group and then went on a major win streak while playing with the second group, with you eventually ending up at the same rank you started at. Correct me if I’m wrong about any of that though. Assuming that’s the case and you continue your winstreak, and assuming you don’t experience any rank adjustment bugs, you should climb with your initial loss streak now neutralized. If you think this is a bug however, feel free to check out the list of related posts under my thread above. I hope this helps.

Just posted about this same problem! I’m stuck in the same level no matter how well I play. After every 5 games, I’m still stuck in bronze 4.

1 Like

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug that prevents your rank from being adjusted. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with that exact bug if you’d like to read more about it.

Same problem here, Im a support main I barely play anyone else or in other roles and can’t play with my friends in open queue anymore as they are higher than me now and I can’t rank up, I just rank down playing in the same games, and another kick to the teeth, so my 5 stack team played role queue with me last night instead, they are not fussed and don’t really play role so all had bronze ranks between 2 and 4 in it from playing some warm up games with me before, but I’ve been trying all season to get out of bronze (I will say my win rate is 50/50 across the amount of games I have played so maybe this is a factor overall, but not sure) so I was sat at bronze 4, we played 5 games in a row, won all 5 games, with great stats, and I performed the best out of us 2 supports, they all ranked up to silver 1 and 2s, my rank!? Bronze 3… How do we report this or get this sorted as this is a joke, I literally can’t play with friends because they rank up in the same games I’m playing with them but I’m not ranking with them no matter how well I play, I’m not a bronze player but I’m stuck there. So anyone have anything we can do?

1 Like