Cant play in NA region anymore

cant play games in NA region anymore
I live in Japan for work related reasons but the friends I play with all live in the US.
as of late every game I play is in the Asia region.

I understand the importance of ping while playing but what is more important to me while playing is being able to communicate with the people I am playing with,
the Asia region games are filled with Japanese, Korean and Chinese people who do not share a language and do not speak my preferred language.

this makes the game INCREDABLY un-fun to play.
is there ANY work around to this

Mod Edit: Inappropriate language removed.

7 Likes

Yup, same here. I am dutch with a decent SR rating.

Queuing at a late time can create times up to 60+ min. Switching to NA always “somewhat” solved this issue for me. Now I just get forced in EUW again. Shame.

2 Likes

Have you tried a VPN service?

By the way, make sure to post in this thread too, nearly everyone in this thread (like me) want this change reverted! and it has a lot of posts, and it would be cool to keep it active so the devs can maybe see that so many people want this changed asap

1 Like

so normally when played on NA I used to get 90~110 ping, high but not unplayable.
but when I connect to NA though a VPN I get 250~300 ping, as the original post states

I dont know how a VPN works entirely but it seems like “its not meant for that”

Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate language.

Not sure what you mean “it’s not meant for that” – there’s nothing malicious about controlling where your internet is being routed through.

You might need a different VPN, but first try VPNing to LA specifically. The US west server is there.

it might be the VPN that I use but it seems like it has a hard time with latency.
downloads and uploads doesn’t really get affected as much but trying to play a game though it feels really bad

The region lock is garbage. I do hope they see sense. The world isn’t coming together it’s getting really mad.

This makes me super sad that no one is addressing this! The devs cant even give a bullsh1te “i’m sorry you are experiencing …” tag… there is no reason why I shouldnt be able to choose who I want to play with!!

That’s because they have addressed it. It’s not a bug, it’s an intended change. Whether or not it’s a stupid change, that’s not for me to say, I didn’t use the feature, but I can appreciate how it affects people in other parts of the world. See the linked post for details from Blizz.