Can't login to the EU Overwatch forums

I understand that the problem does not belong here yet I can’t find more appropriate place to post this. I hope some dev will see this and help me.

The problem is: I can’t login to the EU Overwatch forums. When I try, it just hangs for a while, and then show the “Sorry, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties” message (screenshot, if needed: http://puu.sh/IkDaT/10e88d9202.png). Tried it with english and russian languages, neither works.

I can (obviously!) login to the US forums (also tried WoW and bnet forums, both works). I also can login to the EU WoW forums (and bnet one too), so the problem is only with Overwatch and EU combined.

I’ve tried already all the standard approaches to similar problems (deleted cookies, updated browser and tried a different one too). I even tried to use a different ISP, all with no success.

2 Likes

I can confirm that I am seeing the exact same issue from my end.

2 Likes

Hello!

I speak as a user of the Spanish forum and I can confirm that two of our regular users are in the same situation.

We have tried to ask for help in different places, technical assistance and ticket, but they have not been able to help and they still cannot connect.

They can connect to USA forum but not in the European forum. This problem is also in PC and mobile forum.

They tried with the Blizzard solutions page, contact with support, cleaned cookies, resset password, use other browsers, use wifi and mobile data… but none work and we don’t know what to do more.

Please, can you take this incident to the appropriate person or department and solve this login european problem?

I don´t know if I can share theis battletags but if I can and this can help them to login again in our spanish forum, please, let me know.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.: this is the topic in our forum with this problem…

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/es/overwatch/t/problema-para-logearse-en-el-foro-de-espa%C3%B1a/10935

2 Likes

The same thing happens to me, since the beginning of the Halloween Terror event, I cannot enter the forum for my region, and I have been there since the beginning of Overwatch.
I am one of the users who publishes there for OWL schedules, promotions, etc., trying to “make a community”, but this problem has totally knocked me out, and I don’t have a smurf account to do more tests, and even if I did, I do not want this incident to happen to me in the main one.

I opened some tickets and nobody helped me, giving me copy/paste answers and repeating like parrots to review some methods of deleting cookies and other things and closing my query twice without finishing my explanation (thanks, technical service from Europe).
Even in the forums, Jesse tried to help those of us who happen to do this (of which there are quite a few of us) to explain the problem and… nothing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reports, all, they have reached us! We’ve pushed a possible fix just now to a service used in forum logins. We’ll keep investigating, but we’d encourage anyone who encountered this to try logging in again to the affected forums and see if it’s been resolved. It only seems to be affecting a small percentage of users, so it takes a bit for us to get enough data on this, thanks for your patience.

4 Likes

It worked! Now the login system works as usual. I even went a bit suicidal and tried logging out several times, and everything works as ever again.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hurrah! It works! The affected users with this login bug from our forum have been able to reconnect/login again.
Thanks a million for your help!
Have a wonderful day!

It works now! Thanks!

I’m currently on the US forum but can only connect to my alt which is this one but can’t on my main. Any solutions?

I did not write anything because I thought that the problem would be solved for everyone, but in my main account the problem still persists and it is in all the forums “US, EU, LATAM”, any idea that I can do?

Try clearing your web cookies for each forum site (click the Padlock next to the URL on your browser).

Nop, it didn’t work, I even tried it on another PC and on a virtual machine, I also changed the password but none of that worked.

Thanks all, we rolled out another tweak earlier, could you try again if the first update didn’t fix it for you? The login process may take awhile too, so give it a minute.

If it still doesn’t work, can you let us know if you get the same “Sorry, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties” error message as the original poster, or a different one?

1 Like

Thanks for your effort, I can log back into the forum as my main account. Whatever you’ve done worked and worked in the forums of all the regions “US, EU, LA”.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only took Discorse a month to fix it, I see.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.