Can't join Team Chat on PS4

I can’t join Team Chat.
and I can’t unmute myself in-game (PS4).

I tried everything:

• Turning on “Auto Join” for Team Chat.

• Manually joining Team Chat.

• Muting/Unmuting my headset.

I can’t play Comp damn it.
Does it have something to do with my headset?
Razer Kraken 2019. (I doubt it, it’s brand new.)

2 Likes

Did this start happening with the anniversary update? If so, I think you are a part of a bigger problem. Also the next time you log on, can you check to see if you can see the names of custom games. Also try to create a custom game and try to name it. If you can not do these things, there is a bug that has happened with the anniversary that is PS4 specific. During the anniversary something happened between Overwatch and Sony that messed user sharing limitations even if they were never turned on. I suspect this may be another way that the game has been affected. If you can not do the items listed above, I will send you a link to the thread and you can bring you problem forward. This thread has had a dev respond and say that they are looking into it. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’ve heard about the custom games names’ issue, but it’s fortunately not happening to me. And my issue started before the Archives update.

Thank you for responding anyway!

I just started having this problem about a week ago, and it’s been driving my crazy! It makes it impossible to play comp.

I thought maybe it was because I just used a PSVR for the first time and it messed with my audio device settings/was still trying to connect to the PSVR even though its not connected anymore, but after posting on the OW PS4 reddit forums and trying to restart my console, I’m still unable to join the team chat entirely.

It’s greyed out as if I muted myself and never brings up the “x players in team chat” prompt, and all of my settings on OW and my console are correct.

Can anyone help us out?

2 Likes

This’s exactly the issue with me.

1 Like

The newest update completely fixed the problem for me. I hope it did for you too?

I don’t know. I’ll login and see when I can.

I’m glad it worked for you. :blush:

My audio also isn’t working. When I try to join Team or Group chat, nothing happens. If I go into the social menu and enable my mic, I see a mute icon over my name. What’s up?

1 Like

Same thing’s happening to me. Exactly my issue.

Thank you for the bump btw.

over 100 views for a bugs report,

ok.

Have you contacted blizzard? I haven’t yet.

Idk how lmao.

Do you have to open a support ticket? If so, how?

I haven’t yet. But will now.

I did it. You can submit a support ticket here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/overwatch
Just click on “technical”

Well, for some reason this bug just happened to me again out of nowhere, possibly with this most recent patch/update? Is it back/still happening for y’all?

1 Like

Mine happened since the Summer Games event started.

2 Likes

Yes it is still happening to me too. I hope everything is going well over at blizzard and that they look into this soon. Best of luck to the devs!!!

1 Like

I have changed my DNS to the Google one as instructed by a dev but the issue is still happening to me. I pretty much gave up. :T

1 Like