Can't hear teammates in voice chat

For some reason, only recently my Overwatch voice chat decided to stop working. I can talk on team chat and people are able to hear me. But whenever other people are talking and their icon pops up in the top left corner of the screen to indicate that they are speaking, I still cannot hear them.

I’ve tried reinstalling the game and changing audio outputs, and I just cannot get it to work.

Hey, PreVague! I’m seeing two different error codes with Overwatch Voice Chat, one being “Operation Failed” and another being “Conference server command error.” These could be a connection related error, but let’s try running through a few basics that can cause the conference server command error.

• Close background applications - Specifically Haste, Discord, Nahimic, Sonic Studio & Sonic Radar if they’re on the system.
  • Disable Exclusive control
  • Let’s check the sample rates match.
    1. Right click on the Sound Icon, click on Sound (For newer versions of Windows, click on Open Sound Settings > Under Related Settings , click on “Sound Control Panel”).
    2. Go to the Playback Tab, right click on the active device and click on Properties .
    3. Go to the Advanced Tab. Under Default Format , keep note for what the bit depth and sample rates are. For most playback devices, it should be 16 bit, 48000Hz.
    4. Close the previous window and now check the Recording Tab’s properties (step 2 & 3). If the Recording device’s sample rate is different than the playback devices, make sure they match up. For most recording devices, it should be 2 channel, 16-bit, 48000Hz.
  • Disable other devices to ensure the main device is default.
    1. Right click on the Sound Icon, click on Sound (For newer versions of Windows, click on Open Sound Settings > Under Related Settings , click on “Sound Control Panel”).
    2. Go to the Playback Tab.
    3. For all unused devices, right click and Disable . To re-enable devices in the future, right click and select “Show Disabled Devices.”
    4. Do the step 3 for the Recording Tab.

If it continues, would you be able to try a different connection to test if these errors may be due to connection issues?

Have you recently changed from speakers to headphones, etc?
I have also experienced this problem when unplugging and replugging.
The only way to resolve this for me is to restart the game.
The issue may be related to Realtek Sound Configeration.