Can't Hear Hero Lines After Update

This makes the game impossible to play. For example, I don’t know if my teammates are calling out that they need healing, are ulting, or if the enemy’s ulting. It’s a weird silence playing a very quiet Overwatch.

2 Likes

I also have this. The new junk event was completely fine then when I switched to quick play it lacked any sound. I occasionally would hear my characters lines but anything else was gone. No voice lines/ult lines, gunfire sounds, music. Sometimes I would get a severe delay on enemy ults something like 20-30 seconds after the ult has already gone off. Makes the game almost unplayable since you have no idea what’s going on.

1 Like

I also have this issue. Sometimes sounds don’t play at all, other times they are super delayed. It’s really disorienting to see a reaper ult silently, then hear the sound from that spot 10 seconds later. Reminds me of the sounds freezing in McBrooms Winter.

Known by the team!
No worries people, this is currently being investigated and your help is greatly appreciated! I’m redirecting you to this post so you can stay updated on the situation!