Cant even hotfix their admitted mistake

its actually funny, that they are waiting to fix scatter till they release the new rework :smiley:

How big of a patch is the hanzo fix? How much work it is? Like 5 minutes?

this is why this game is getting worse… :smiley:

If they cannot fix the simpliest things, they never gonna fix the garbage MM. Zero hope.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Balancing has been a funny thing for the last couple of months, well, maybe not so much funny but instead saddening.

9 Likes

The thing is though, patches aren’t free. On PC they’re cheaper, but on consoles they need to be approved by XBOX Live and PSN, said approval costs a fee, and it does’t matter (I don’t think) how complex or small the patch is.

6 Likes

yes super funny. I mean if they cant patch a CF from 10 sec back to its original, how would they be able to fix the garbage MM. They obviously cant, they are incompetent in my eyes. but this is a personal oppinion ofc.

9 Likes

Come on. This doesn’t brake the game and uploading a patch takes time.

5 Likes

It’s a celebration of simple geometry. Let them have their fun. Soon geometry will be forgotten, never to be seen again.

4 Likes

this sounds like an excuse

1 Like

5mins? Ok, if it so simple, then I guess it easy to just code an entire game then?

4 Likes

Can’t and Won’t are two very different things. The Devs could delete Hanzo from the game entirely, doesn’t mean they will. It’s not as if this change is going to suddenly throw off balance for the lowest win-rate hero in the game.

3 Likes

Come on, that’s just about a 2 seconds cooldown… Don’t blame devs for this, that’s pointless.

3 Likes

they decided not to spend time on such a trivial thing like releasing an update to an ability that is being removed from the game ina couple of weeks. Especially since the change is pretty irrelevant. You should follow their lead and stop complaining and something so unimportant. You act like with 8 second scatter Hanzo is now god tier :joy:

6 Likes

yeah, i mean i go to my workplace, and i say to my boss that: hey i made a mistake, but lets just not corect it. Or imagine the same to your customer: Hey dude, the product you are using has been changed accidentaly, but we wont fix it.

2 Likes

But the difference is that the mistake isn’t even a big deal

2 Likes

And sometimes you make a mistake and your boss says this isn’t relevante and you have things far more important to do, so they decide to keep it the wrong way temporarily, since the next patch will fix it anyway

2 Likes

They’ve said that the scatter is going anyway. So why spend even 5 mins on something changing a thing they’re going to remove anyway?

Its pretty sad, that you are unable to value a 2 sec CD change

You might be the only person on earth who thinks this is serious. I work in software development. Let me tell you a little secret, we leave things in environments that are unintended but non critical all the damn time to be fixed later. It’s called a priority system🤷🏾‍♂️

9 Likes

Regardless of how much effort it might take at Blizzard HQ, any patch big or small has to go through an annoying process to be verified by the console companies. This process can take several days to several weeks, all of which is out of Blizzard’s control. Patching is not a trivial process.

6 Likes

Not as sad as you over valuing it. It’s pretty telling that even with 8 second scatter Hanzo is still F tier.

Blizzard likes to learn things the hard way. And then not learn even then.

1 Like