Can't choose hero at start of game

Soometimes when I load into a competitive game it wont let me choose a hero. The camera is usually glitched under the map and I never see the hero select. I can join voice chat and I can see who is on the other team but I cannot actually choose a hero. This means I either have to wait to be kicked or just leave the game. It used to be that when I left I could automatically rejoin and avoid any penatly. Now it just auto bans me. I have lost countless amounts of sr and been given the leaver penalty. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and a bunch of other things recommended but not of it has helped. This seems to be more on blizzards end than mine. I plan on quitting the game if this issue is not resolved. Constantly losing sr you worked hard for because of a bug takes the fun entirely out of the game.

1 Like

The issues you describe may not be related to the game, but actually your connection might be lagging up or your hard drive is failing to load resources in a timely manner. Check out these guides just in case.

I tried everything you sent me and still and the problem persists. I would love to share with you a picture of what the problem looks like but I’m not allowed to post a picture or a link. I can sometimes see my latency spke really high in the top left when I find a game. But often im in a death match and I know its not that my internet is spiking when Im finding a game.

I also have the same issue, it is not a connection lagging or hard drive issue. i noticed it usually happens when you found a match and also used the “while you wait” function like practice range or custom game at the same time. it bugs and then you cant select a character while you are under the map, then forcing you to dc and get the comp penalty which sucks cause its out of your control.

1 Like

I have the same problem too and I play on PS4. I spawn in the floor and there’s nothing I can do but leave. I tried restarting the game but nothing works. This happens in all game modes. This issue is very annoying and I’m close to getting a penalty because of it.

Yeah because of this I got 1 hour competitive ban.
I tried to reconnect but the game was already abandoned. According to the game.

Is there any solution for this problem? This is still bugging me to this day. This issue only happens to me now in overwatch 2 never in overwatch 1.

This issue has started occurring to me within the last week. Has there been a fix for it yet? I don’t even want to play comp anymore because my team in voice chat is harassing me for something I have no control over.

(PC Only)

Have you tried (if in Full Screen) alt tabing to Windows & back into game when it happens? Or setting game on Borderless Windowed just to see?

I know these sound simple but worth a shot.

Another thing I read somewhere is that if you have Nvidia Reflex On + Boost in game & Nvidia Control Pannel Manage 3D settings Low Latency Mode on in Windows at the same time they can conflict & cause lag issues & stuttering in games.

Low Latency Mode is good to leave on in your Nvidia Control Pannel Global Settings as it enhances any game that don’t have Reflex settings in game but do go to the specific games that have Reflex in game & turn off the Low Latency mode for those games individually & let the game handel it.