Canada Bell ISP random 300+ ping

Hello,

For the past few weeks I have been experiencing random 300+ ping games in Overwatch. I will play one game with 50-100 ping (used to be ~50 100% of the time before), then the next game it will spike to 300+ and won’t go down until I get into a new game having restarted my client. Maybe it is also worth mentioning that the high ping is for Overwatch only, other browsing and games remain constant.

Is there anyone else experiencing this issue? It is becoming really frustrating.

Hey Mufinal,

There is a known issue that is affecting players that use Bell in Canada that we are currently investigating. We have another forum post that we are updating as we know more and collecting data on.

Weird, this is the second time in 30 days this issue has appeared, I wonder why it’s becoming so frequent.

This is happening with me as well, I have Bell Canada ISP. I can usually play 1-3 games, then ping shoots up to around 250-300 ms and I have to stop playing for the night.

I do not have any problem with any other game, and this has been happening for almost a week now.

I have been having the same problem for the last 1-2 week.
Often having 330-360 ping instead of the usual 40.

Using a VPN will solve the issue for now.

Gonna wait for the fix.

1 Like

Hey, which VPN do you use?

I dont know if i’m allowed to “promote” them on the forum, but it is privateinternetaccess.

I’m located near Montreal. Usually my ping is 40, with the VPN it becomes 60~.

Welp, I just bought a new modem because the lag issues I’ve been having in OW and WoW, probably should have looked here first. Get back online and my problems are even worse than before.

Im having the same issues, thanks for letting us updated with how this evolve.

I have this exact issue you describe. Also with Bell.

1 Like

I have the same problem and I’m also with bell. I did a trace route and for me the ping spikes when it reaches telianet. If this doesn’t get fixed I’ll probably switch providers.

Double the normal ping and I’m on shaw. Don’t let blizzard fool you into thinking this is an ISP problem. I ping 28ms - 35 ms in EVERY OTHER online game i play.

1 Like

Me as well. My internet is quite good. Only having issues with Blizzard games.