Can you guys get this childish and petty mindset out of your brains?

Hey y’all, sorry for butting in. I’ve been reading some of the posts and it might be wise to just start ignoring the guy. I don’t want this thread to get derailed or something and shut down. Don’t want it to steer into a toxic route.

4 Likes

Agreed. I keep trying to warn people that Megadodo will derail a thread if you keep trying to argue with him at face value.

2 Likes

I ask that the personal attacks cease

Sorry I know it’s pretty awkard to be the maker of the post and not even engage in the discussion a lot. Every time I check it gets bigger and bigger and I’m overwhelmed, it’s not really possible for me to keep track at this point.

This was literally just a semi rant post that I expected to die in 5 minutes…

That is just made up like Bigfoot, Santa and Moose.

1 Like

Which I would note is against CoC, as well as defamation (such as libelous accusations of personal attacks when none exists) and harassment (which apparently includes repetitious statements of disagreement, per MegaDodo’s own words), both of which he has practiced.

2 Likes

Answers such as “I said so” is not an answer. It is childish and shows immaturity to yourself (and really just something that trolls do).

Question: “What can you change that no other game developer has not thought of?”
Your Answer: “I never said that.”
What should be a real Answer: “Here is my Point A, B, C, D”

See how you never actually answer a question?

Stop acting like a troll and I’ll stop calling you one.

6 Likes

Again let’s just drop it. There’s been a lot of interesting discussion going on and I don’t want a forum mod to shut it down. Just act like they don’t exist.

1 Like

Again, I think the only way it’ll stop is to just ignore Megadodo from here on out. They’re not making any sense and refuse to even TRY to make sense when asked.

4 Likes

I ask again that the personal attacks cease

Okay, well we can just try again while skipping them.

Discussion (can’t believe I’m doing it this way): It is not selfish to want to play DPS. In some people’s minds (myself included), it is selfish to demand Queue times go down on Blizzard’s end and not acknowledging that DPS mains have a hand in the Queue times themselves.

My point, open for discussion.

2 Likes

As a DPS main, I agree.

Playing any role is not selfish.
A team requires 2 of each role.
If you play the role with the longest line, you need to expect to wait.
Why is this so complicated?

Also for reference, I am a DPS player first, but I learned the other roles with the old system, because I got tired of shoddy tank and healer play.

2 Likes

dps players have no responsibility for the long queue times

it is Blizzards responsbility, as it is for any business, to supply what is beding demanded by its customers.

Blizzard chose to restrict the supply of the most demanded item to a level well below demand

This is a problem Blizzard created, and only Blizzard can resolve; and there are many ways it can do so

Honestly been playing lots of DPS lately to try to get it into Gold with my Tank and Support roles. Have 0 issues waiting for my turn, and am used to it thanks to the MMORPGs I used to play.

Main reason I play Support in any game I play. Don’t trust other people to heal, so I do it myself. Honestly, OW (especially Hammond and now Sigma) has made me enjoy Tank as well. Just doing DPS because I want all my roles in Gold just cause haha.

Same. I play FFXIV, and it’s similar.

Queue up as healer and you instantly get a game. Queue as Tank, and it takes a little longer. Queue as DPS and might as well fire up Crunchyroll to catch up on anime.

Yeah uh, I guess since I’m on and the replies aren’t too insane right now, I’ll lend in some input.

When I made this post I was basically just ranting, and I realize I might’ve made a few contridictions in my post.

Really, I just was talking about the type of posts I see that basically kinda attack DPS players that sent me on edge. It’s not fun how the forums seem to kinda treat DPS players as this cancer that infects the game. It’s really discouraging to see posts like; “Haha! Enjoy the queue times DPS!” And I was just kinda fed up with it.

I feel like if they were gonna inplement role queue they should at least bump it up to 4 heroes a year to make the other roles more engaging imo. The only characters I really play outside of DPS are off tanks.

I do understand that people shouldn’t really demand queue times to be fixed, but they still have a right to complain about it at least. The fact I see some posts basically saying DPS players have no right to complain or whatever is kinda annoying. I just really hate the idea that some healer/tank mains on here think they have the right to kinda talk down on DPS players, which is why I made this rant in the first place.

I do feel that Blizzard is kinda at fault a bit though, as they should’ve bumped up to 4 heroes a year to balance at the roles for role queue.

The reality is that dps players CHOOSE to play the most popular, and therefore least needed role. Overwatch needs an equal amount of DPS to other roles to create a match, but there are x3 (I don’t know the actual number) the amount of dps players compared to tanks and supports.

No one should be surprised that they are going to have to suffer longer queue times. There is no good fix for it, and this has been a persistent problem since the dawn of damage dealing roles VS others. It’s just the reality of it. The longest queues at the faire are at the most popular rides.