Can we strip down Hanzo's logs?

No it’s because his arrows are the size of Tracer’s skull

2 Likes

Yeah let’s strip hanzo down to his log frfr :hot_face:

20 Likes

That is still incredibly small. I have yet to get hit around corners by Hanzo’s arrows.

No the heck it aint what are you on about.

I wouldn’t mind arousing his dragon.

14 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/hanzos-arrows-hitboxes-needs-nerf-in-size/17397/16

Hanzo’s arrow are among the smallest projectile in the game.

2 Likes

True. But that smallest projectile is still gigantic compared to hitscan.

Look at the chart above. Hanzo ang Genji’s are small but thats like… an american soda small.

Edit. That chart measures them in radius meters. Meaning hanzo’s arrow hitbox is…20 centimeters in diameter. Or about 7.8 inches.

4 Likes

Hanzo is apparently the most common hero to cheat with because it’s so hard to detect when you watch replays. Removing his one-shot capability from his auto-attacks would solve this. Maybe rework him and give him a hitscan one shot ability every so often.

1 Like

Honestly, if they remove Hanzo’s oneshot I would be fine if they brought back scatter as his 1tap

Hanzos arrows are bigger on the enemy team and smaller on your team.

Pretty sure thats a scientific fact.

4 Likes

Just remember this was in 2018. Many things has changed specially when OW2 has arrived.

The only change I want for Hanzo is for his sonic arrow to be audible.

5 Likes

It was never in patch notes, and visually in practice range it looks the same as its always been. So, likely still the smallest projectile in the game.

Thanks for the visual, I’ve never seen it like that before. Really reinforces what I’ve been saying for years now: even the smallest projectile in the game is still huge. Being the same size as tracers skull is ridiculous, and even more so considering the larger hitboxes.

1 Like

nothing about his projectile size has been changed. It is still the same as in OW1, otherwise there would be a change log about it.

1 Like

Hanzo is such a meme hero honestly. Might be my rank but it seems literally all his gameplay is spamming arrows at chokepoints/doorways until someone appears, or spamming at a group of enemies and hoping for headshots. For 90% of people who play him he’s literally a luck-based hero. It’s so weird.

Worst netcode in the world + company that rigs for engagement + crossplay assist/resist = the server decides if you need to pop-off for engagement and close games. no more skill in these shooters anymore. not since ow2 went full monetization.

or just miss everything because your 1pixel didn’t meet the 4million pixels in space and time.

1 Like

Long-range projectiles always were luck based, as players rarely have consistent and predictable movement. And in game like Overwatch, where movement acceleration and inertia are not a thing, it’s luck even in close-medium range.

1 Like

Something projectiles have that makes them useful compared to hitscan is that hitboxes can linger in certain parts of space longer than they should. They also have more girth than hitscan. Even if Hanzo arrow is smallest, it has thickness. It has travel time. A slower projectile will linger in a given spot longer as it takes longer to get through that space.

Every time I see this image I can’t help but imagine sigma chucking out torbjorns as an ability.

7 Likes