Can we stop with this "forced role" crap?

Locked roles? No. Rolequeue to have more power over what heros you play? Yes.

if you think roleq with randos is going to get you good games GL. it wont.

they could more easily fix LFG by just having it for specific modes and ranks. you can sift atm for them but more fluid would be better. I dont want to be stuck 222 forever just bc someone doesnt like non 222 comps. MOBA’s have way more characters and more roles/classes and they do just fine without restricting comps.

Doesn’t have to be 2-2-2. It could be a system where you locked in 1 support - 1dps - 1 tank and 3 flex players. Your not always going to get a perfectly working comp, I know, but it’s better then to have 4 support mains and 2 dps on the team.

1 Like

Yeah. Like in wow. And you can que for more than one thing and the game tells you what role you’re being selected for

And lose. I find falling 100 Sr is a good way to stop bad comp behavior

2 Likes

You que for the role you want to play.

1 Like

That’s honestly my issue. In wow, the opposite happens. You can have a stack for your dungeon/bg and someone leaves. You will then have your dps druid or monk change their class to fill. They will be a tank dps or heal dps (you generally can’t change gear mmiddgame) to help with the team. This doesn’t happen in ow for whatever reason. Moreover, it won’t happen even in the role itself. My tank will go rein to Winston to orisa just begging to have dps stay with them. But widow will be murdered by pharah, and genji the whole game and never switch.

yes they lose but if they are already tilted they don’t care. And the next match you get another one like the ones before.

Not really. Let’s look at the opposite. Lucio was very passive in kit before and the best lucios were active. His rework came and you can still passive Lucio but… It’s not gonna work. Your Sr will suffer. Now Lucio isn’t passive at all in most games.
Rewards are great behavior modification tools.

That’s already the problem with healers. Almost every healer in the game is a boring heal bot.

1 Like

But we are talking bout ppl who don’t want to play healer and are just forced into that role. That means they will just pick the hero that benefits the team the least (just like ppl were picking widow and hanzo in the past just to throw)

A role queue Is just that. No one forces you to role for a que you don’t want to play. Why are you queing for healer if you don’t want to heal? ,

Most ppl just ask for 2 2 2 role limit. They don’t really specify that they want a role queue. But yes, if there is going to be 2 2 2 limit, it is best to be done via role /hero queue

I guess I don’t see why the question and 222 would ever be separated. Just a 222 is basically what we already have bases on who instalocks dps first

What if they just give extra XP or SR for team comp, if your team has a 2-2-2 comp it would get EXTRA points. If you do not follow that, you’ll just win the exp or sr you normally would get currently and nothing less.

People that only play one role only in general dont deserve quick qeue times. It happens with dps bc thats the category with more players.

Flex players that main dmg dealing heroes also exist. Do they deserve those 20 minute qeues too?

The answer to the question is in the original post

I am multi faceted regardless of how many hours I have on Reinhardt. Most often I wait until my team has picked 3-5 heroes and I fill. It is no surprise who I fill with most often. 550 hours later I can clearly tell the tanking role is the least liked role in the game.

My biggest issue is this isn’t just an Overwatch problem. I experienced it in World of Warcraft, Tera, Smite, or any game with divergent cast roles.

The one thing that remains the same throughout all those games, and games I don’t play, is the mentality of people who only play one archetype. They are generally selfish and have zero responsibility. They are the best that has ever been in that role, and you are there to facilitate their greatness. You don’t see this very often in the other roles, or at least I don’t.

playing support 8 times in 10 games

yeah, it would suck not being able to play support twice, but i do flex to off-tank quite well
even dps if needed

Tripple DPS, Tripple Tanks, Tripple Supports do work and can throw the enemy off.

People are just incredibly narrow minded when it comes to Overwatch metas - i.e. roles and heroes. They idolize whatever OWL pros are doing, while forgetting that they are nowhere near OWL material in a million years. They also forget that pro teams NEVER play solo, duh. Hence, if you wanna boss your team around, GET AN ACTUAL TEAM.

Sorry this topic is absolutely sickening.

1 Like

I’d personally be in favor of forced 2/2/2.
But how about Minimum of 1 character per role and ma maximum of 3?