Can we stop with the Mercy spam?

lots of people have lots of issues with lots of things.

Doesn’t help to continually scream about it for 6 months.

People still deny things in the world that are undoubtly fact. Flat earthers, for example, still think the earth is flat despite being disproven so many times. They then claim “it’s not good enough” hint and then talk about how the earth is flat some more.

And how many nerfs have been added since then? a lot?

we are still nowhere close to balancing or making mercy fun to play in her current state.

lol

1 Like

Being salty is a slang which means “being bitter towards someone” If you had said, “I’m not salty” then that’s where it ended. It’s the language you build into your text, such as:

Which, in themselves, have no actual argumentative substance but just serve as a means to express your feelings. Furthermore, the dissension to this obvious behavior also suggests you don’t even want to own up to it or that you could in any way be at fault.

Especially since you just skipped the points actually giving you credit and an open door to actually leave on a good note to focus on anything that could represent you badly.

Are you seriously gonna blame us for their flawed forums?

Really now?

That’s completely unfair XD

1 Like

It’s strange how this keeps flopping.

Some players say Mercy post rework was never fun while others are saying that Mercy only doing 50hp/s is not fun. Divided front crumbles every time.

Yes. I’m gonna blame you guys. Because most of what was posted there was spam. And thus, got flagged as spam.

Also, It’s 100% you guys’ fault for not listening to the 4 responses the developers made about Mercy.

sure

i just know there is no way of convincing you of anything . You say i’m salty so i need to be salty.
even when i’m not =)

have fun with that

And people wonder why the mods used the Mega-threads to keep the forums clean…

That’s coming from a poster actively ignoring points, arguments and evidence.

i’m working with the page open
its fun how far you want to go
and that anything you say may easily apply to yourself and you dont even see it

i can admit i’m just having fun right now;seeing how you wanna twist the next post

1 Like

Actually, let’s turn it around. You’ve already concluded that you don’t think you can change my mind. But you’re still responding to me. How are you, by definition, not trolling?

It was a catch 22 wasn’t it? Doing it caused you to lose often too unless the other team was completely unaware.

i probably am,right now

maybe if you hadnt overreacted to my post i would take you more seriously as i usually do with most people who have actual points.

And i think you have actual points.

But you seem to have been offended that i did not address your full post and decided to use that as PROOF mercy mains are just wanting to Pwn you and disagree with you or whatever,even though i just said i wanted to keep my post short,and you just didnt want to accept that.

You’re making an assumption here. Mostly based on how you interpret my post, which suggests that in order to have a successful discussion with you I have to conduct in a way I haven’t even been told.

If you wanted a more positive tone, you could simply have asked me change my tone or rephrase it. Those options were always on the table. It’s pride guiding your current actions.

Allow me to just dispel this for you. I’ve been debating on online forums for over 15 years. The point where a post can actually offend me is long over. Once again, it’s your assumption. And because you build on an incorrect assumption, you end up with a wrong conclusion.

But again, let me give you sincere credit where credit is due: That was an honest post. And it’s one of the few kind that can actually produce a constructive debate.

i cant assume you"re offended but you can assume i’m salty? =D
to me this is why i’m a bit joke-y at the moment

you constantly do and say things you dont want me to do or say.
or it appears that way. for me that is funny.

I agree with most of what you say around discussion but then i see you not apply it and follow your own advice.

besides that i’m sure we can have a productive discussion about mercy

i just said i wanted to keep my post short,and that was supposed proof i only did it to disagree with you.

besides that i dont need to disagree with you to respect opinions about mercy about anything. Opinions are opinions,they are inherently not wrong. I just disagree.

maybe after this post restate what you wanna say about mercy
I will adress it,i cant be bothered to scroll up and search and quote that one

i’ll address it when i can

I wish they’d use it for Mercy topics again.

And prevent it from being locked.

I never assumed you were salty. I described that by your choice of language and specifically quoted the passages that were salty. It was not an insult either, but an explanation for why I choose not to respond to portions of your posts. Because they were, inevitably, just bitter language.

Because when a poster chooses to ignore your points and create their own, they’re making what we call a “straw man’s argument.” In the end, the poster isn’t actually interested in talking to you about the things you want to discuss—the poster wants to discuss their point, and put you in a position where you opposite those points (the straw man).

That is always a losing debate. Because a discussion is a cooperative effort—you don’t actually gain anything from “winning” a discussion. There’s no medal or badge of honor (as you said, you’re posting to “humor yourself” now).

The only thing you actually gain is what you teach and learn from each other. An argument is like math: You make a statement, then I make one below that and together we find the joined conclusion. But if you constantly disagree on each other’s statements, you never move forward.

This is a really good watch on the topic (which you probably can’t see at work):

If you apply this philosophy, you’re no longer debating: You’ve turned the discussion into an opinion bank. A forum is where your ideas and opinions gets challenged intellectually.

If your logic is solid, you should only welcome opposition as it will only strengthen your point by defeating the counterpoints. If your logic is full of holes, then it will just get shut down.

you seem to be more interested in arguments and hw to argue and how to win an argument rather then talk about mercy
i’ll respond again if its about mercy

bye

1 Like

Okay

I’m just replying to this bc day9 is an angel thank

1 Like

“You ignoring what I’m saying.” (Proceeds to ignore what the poster is saying.)

Your point would stand if you had not literally just told me you didn’t have time to talk about Mercy.

To top it off, this topic isn’t even about Mercy primarily but about Mercy posters.