Can we please try a 2,2,2 arcade mode?

We need to give this a test in arcade.

Set the rules to comp rules with a pick system before queing on which role we want.

Arcade was ment for these tests right?

Please devs…

37 Likes

bump

1 Like

Lol thank you! Let’s hope for at least feedback from devs

I just made a post on this and as the game is programmed now, 2/2/2 has significant mechanical problems that would ultimately be more frustrating than it’s worth (being stuck in that role the entire match).

2 Likes

I think yes it could have issues but the goal is to at least try.

Because comp can’t get anyworse as it is lol

In gold 2,2,2 meta is since day one. And results are… Varied. Either you have right team comp to deal with enemy or not. You might land with Widow and Genji as your damage dealers, Hog and D.va as your tanks and two Mercy otp. Basically no possibility of combo ults, no shiled to migate damage nor defensive healer ult to protect from enemy combos.

We need proper team builder tool - advanced LFG.

1 Like

i would say test it in ptr but ptr aint for testing just a sample of whats going live next

2 Likes

Looks like someone just watched Stylosa’s recent video.

2 Likes

We could see those issues but only 1 way to find out. I think we need more restrictions at this point

1 Like

I’m 100% for trying. I have the PTR installed so I can play with significant changes after all… can only speak from outside competitive though. I quit comp forever ago. I’d rather play with majority of the roster and not get yelled at because somebody else did something stupid. Now I just get yelled at.

1 Like

Technically the PTR is meant for testing… But it really hasn’t been used for that lately. It’s just a place to see balance changes before they go live. :confused:
I wouldn’t mind this, though.

4 Likes

How often do people swap roles that it’s actually beneficial to the team?

That’s actually a pretty good idea. Great suggestion.

2 Likes

They really underutilize the PTR.

2 Likes

Only thing it would solve is your ability to play as who you want.
Probably would be dead in a week since longer queue times due to lack of tanks.

2 Likes

Not often enough and I often endorse the people who do… provided they didn’t make the situation worse. I’m one of the people who will swap around but it’s usually because our support is not healing well enough or our tanks need the backup.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I figured we can start with something lol

Ok dyin for a better system. Supposedly they’ve mentioned that so few people use it and give feedback; but that’s because they don’t have any proper place to provide feedback, and a lot of people gave up.

1 Like

Yea but either way whether it dies or not, it needs to be tested.

Let’s see how it goes.

it’d also be nice if they gave us an incentive for using the PTR. Like if our profiles carried over to it so we could earn level up boxes.

2 Likes