Can we please keep OW1? OW2 is just a team deathmatch

Why are you assuming they’re gonna show us every little thing they’ve added to the game? They’ve shown us Sojourn because they showed her in the preview 3 years ago. I don’t expect them to give us a detailed list of new additions until the game drops and we get the patch notes. At best maybe a hint of each hero in twitter posts or OWL broadcasts leading up to release.

Because when they did the OW1 betas they showed off more than 1 hero at a time. They had all the heroes available that they had available.

If they had more heroes ready, you know they would show them off because that would do nothing but bring in player interest. The fact they haven’t showed off any other new heroes tells me and others they aren’t remotely finished.

They are doing overhauls to existing heroes+adding multiple new heroes+balancing 5v5+the new gamemode+whatever else. I HIGHLY doubt we’ll be getting OW2 this year unless they release it in an early access stage.

The more you post the more it backfires on you.

1 Like

You want to keep stunfest, double-shield, lack-of-individual-power mess that is Overwatch 1 over the clearly superior Overwatch 2?

Seriously, take off the rose-tinted glasses and just look at this objectively.

1 Like

I feel it might be a game mode in the arcade like OW1 mode but it will not be in competitive and QP

I 100-percent agree that overwatch original game should be kept separate. There’s absolutely no need to merge them.

2 Likes

This year is still a long way off as far as I am concerned. I suppose it depends on when. December? Might as well be releasing next year as far as I am concerned. June? Hell yeah, let’s get it.

Well, they are half right I guess?

OW2 PvE would probably be years to come, but OW2 PvP should be coming around this year if the result of the open beta is good enough.

I don’t remember how long OW1 got released after it’s the first couple of betas, but I remember it being around just a couple of months after the final beta is concluded.

We don’t know for sure how many Open Betas will there be for OW2, but people seem to like the new changes on some heroes, including me and Orisa.

I predict sales on OW2 will be quite low.

Seems to me that the ones more excited about the future state of the 5v5 game are PVP Dps players, that don’t really care about teamplay or synergy, and… if they are not into PVE, obviously they will likely skip purchasing OW2. … you know, because PVP -even new heroes and maps- will be mostly free to them if they already own OW1; so why bother?

This 5v5 deathmatch will backfire horrible.

They will need to show me some really cool PVE for me to actually care.

1 Like

My 5 most recent games on Tank on reinhert described
Stunned, Stunned, Stunned, Booped 500-0 hp in 1 second.

Overwatch 2 better goodbye cringe flashes goodbye cringe double bunker.

OW2 will probably be better at pulling in new players from other games like CS, Val all keeping overwatch 1 will do is retain players games on its way to dying.

You dont understand the whole reason tanks dont want to play the game the whole reason why Hog and Ball are so highly picked is because you can do damage and not get insta gibbed tanks dont want to play wall simulator.

I love playing the game overwatch 1 where half of the DPS are unplayable even in low ranks and the other half completely dominate the game across the board that games really fun so no thank ill take overwatch 2, better tanks, dps more balanced with each other.

OW2 is already splitting the community lol.

6 Likes

the general direction of OW2 concludes with what I was saying all along - they lower the skill floors and ceillings of heroes and / or take away what made the heroes fun to play

2 Likes

They’re merging the online playerbase, the games might very well stay separated (after all, that’s why they’re not marketing it as an expansion). It’s much better from a marketing point of view to sell these as different things - OW1 being the PvP game and OW2 being the PvP+PvE.

And you that based on what? I know it’s a meme that OW2 is basically Duke Nukem Forever, but there’s more than a few signs that they want to rush this thing out this year, possibly before October.

You know that the OW2 PvP is coming later this year? Expect it to be out before Halloween or in that time. The PvE part is out in the open.

Would be pretty cool to have ow1 and ow2 as seperate games. But I highly doubt they’ll do that, since its already pretty much been confirmed ow as awhole will become ow2 I believe.

Well I can say that OW2 will make me tank more. You get more focused heals, less stuns and cheap combos and I don’t have to worry about what my other tank is playing and I don’t have to care about playing main or off tank.

Where? No one said that. They said “later this year”. Might as well be June and August.

And you realize PvE has just about been confirmed to not launch with the game, right?

You get a separate team to work on post-release content while the main game is in the works, so you put all the focus on it after game is released.

You mean the one we’ve known since BlizzCon 2019? And just cause Jeff wanted it that way, doesn’t mean it will.

No, it’s not. Especially not when you cut the already low content for the base basically down to zero with a “remix” event that takes up three regular events’ slots.

Well, I’m keeping OW1, I don’t know about you guys.

It would not really matter, noone with a brain between their ears would play OW1 after OW2 has been released.

Just means you are not purchasing OW2, right?