Can we please have the Mercy Megathread back?

I want the front page to be about not Mercy again :frowning:

Implyin this will contain them.

They can’t be contained.

The reason the megathread got shutdown, was because of flags. Flags were used on the threads that were CONSTANTLY made out of the megathread. Those threads then were added to the megathread and puff, megathread down due to too many flags, which weren’t intended for the megathread, but for the one thousand garbage threads they were makin constantly.

So, even with the megathread back, just as before, the constant littering they do won’t stop.

And tbh, we shouldn’t need the megathread anyway, nor the mods should have to act like Special ED kids wranglers to stop them and bring them back to their space. We just need to add them all and spam the “Children behave” line on them with Ana.

1 Like

Silencing people is never the answer. There’s a reason why there’s so many Mercy posts, because people want their fun hero back. Not the dull bot we have now. Until they fix Mercy, the threads will continue.

8 Likes

I don’t want them to silence anything. I want them to consolidate all the threads into one thread so you guys don’t flood the entire forum.

2 Likes

I know, it’s the same five people back at it again with the daily Mercy spam. I’d prefer an option to block users or threads entirely from showing up in the feed. With all the bells and whistles that came with the newer forums you’d think they’d have added that kind of stuff in. These Mercy posts are obnoxious and out of control either way.

2 Likes

No. Don’t bring back the trash can. There’s so many mercy posts because she needs changes. You can’t hide from the truth.

1 Like

So what happens if current Mercy is balanced and stays balanced?

Oh my god, that’s actually a brilliant idea.

You really think spamming the forums will make Blizzard listen? It has been a YEAR.

I guess she won’t be “fun” implying clickling Q and unlike every other ult have no fear of being shutdown or countered making it so the enemy team DPS, who’s ults while are powerful usually have major counters and can be taken down pretty easily, feel absolutely useless…

They’ll just complain anyway.

2 Likes

What they need to do is create a forum called Hero Balances and make a subforum for each hero. Then, of people refuse to post Mercy-related threads in it, give them forum warnings for not posting in the right area. Post in the Mercy balance forum, you’ll be fine. Post outside of it, get warned and eventually silenced until you learn the forum rules.

They need to be tougher than they are now.

1 Like

Maybe there wouldn’t be so many posts if the devs actually communicated instead of pushing feedback into a trashbin in the first place. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I mean I agree, but why do we have to suffer for it ;-;

So the community flagging Mercy threads means they have to put up with more Mercy threads?

Love it.

3 Likes

It seems to be the common theme, they try to kill mercy or mercy discussion only to make it worse and more obnoxious then it was previously, all while ignoring mercy mains/players feedback and responses while continuing on doing so.

its getting tiring.

1 Like

It was removed because people were flagging it until it was closed.

Well they haven’t completely ignored complaints. They just nerfed her, which I’d say is a response to the overwhelming complaints about how she’s been OP. Now they just have to contend with the other side of the crowd who don’t like the nerfs (understandably). The bottom line is she is an INCREDIBLY divisive hero. Therefore any action, including inaction, will generate a crapstorm. No way around it.

Edit: And I’m a Mercy player. Not judging. Just observation of the situation.

One side is complaining that Mercy is OP, which is because of the rework (IE rez on E and valkyrie). The other side is complaining that Mercy’s gameplay is being ruined because of being continuously nerfed because the rework made her OP. It’s actually incredibly easy to please both sides, but that solution involves admitting the rework wasn’t as much of a success as they thought.

2 Likes

Idk they haven’t tried talking and reading our feedback on mercy yet so I wouldn’t say all action.

and no stating statistics while blatantly ignoring the rest of the feedback is not a response.

plus even if they balance mercy as she is in 2.0 she wont be any fun for the player to play as.

3.0 needs to come sooner rather then later or else they’ll end up losing a large portion of their support community.

Its not like they have another pure healer to fall back on.

There is a poetic irony there, isn’t it?

OP, in case you didn’t know we currently can’t post in the mega as it is constantly closed due to flagging. It’s usually open around 10 minutes every day before it closes again. If you have some spare time you can check out the posts made in those short gaps, they can be quite funny sometimes!

3 Likes