Can we please give Hanzo a weakness?

This is true. Torb is very strong. and effectively counters quite a bit. None of which include Widow or Hanzo, which is the reason he isn’t played more frequently.

Hanzo is the best dps in the game, telling me to counter him isnt telling me anything.

He counters (to some degree) Sombra and Orisa, heroes that high ranks routinely have trouble with.

We should be more concerned with a heroes effectiveness. If a hero is considered ‘strong’ and ripe for nerfs while also being less effective at helping their team win matches than half the hero roster, then it’s symptomatic of a greater problem. But this isn’t that thread.

You can claim Torb and Sym are ‘weak’ all you like, but when they’re played their team wins more often than when they have almost any other hero(es) on their team. What’s proven is that they’re incredibly effective.

Potentially yes, but you want to change rockets etc too ?

It was not a joke, it’s you guys refusing to accept the answer told to you guys.

Give him less arrows to use for storm arrow.

I Disagree with this. This proves a couple of different things. Either A, these characters are extremely effective once you have (and I hate this term but there isn’t a better way to describe it) skillcapped that character. OR B, they are extremely effective on specific maps with chokes that are exploitable by these characters.

No, because rockets do not have a chance to instantly kill.

Well that is unfair then, what about genji shurikens and many more. If you wanna balance that it should be equal to all. It also serves as a deterrent for random movement, moving into the arrow kills, aka you didn´t actually dodge it.

i have no problem with hanzo being able to one-shot or have his derp arrows, the gripes i have is that he has so much mobility with it. not only does he get to have a wall climb, he gets a lunge ability ontop of it and if that isn’t enough he has a wall hack ability and an ultimate that can travel the whole map that goes through both barriers and walls.

all abilities are super good and super useful.

they can either not let him be able to draw arrows while lunging or climbing (let’s be fair that’s why you play him because he’s a lot of fun doing that.)
or just remove one or the other of his mobility options or put them on the same cooldown or a 10 cooldown on both so he can’t really just spam his wall climb at will or lunge every 5 seconds.

but meh this isn’t gonna result in anything, changes will happen when they have to change them.

just grin and bare it bois.

1 Like

Match 18th, before his rework

you think they didn’t buff the size with his rework?

That’s conjecture, not proof. That isn’t to say there’s no merit in it.

I would point out that these heroes and their turrets, through all of their tweaks and reworks, metas, trends and ranks… they’ve constantly had the highest winrates. Either they have the most dedicated and disciplined players across all ranks and platforms as you’re suggesting, or they’re just really good at winning games for reasons that elude you.

They didn’t buff his size, they increase his projectile speed so that his shots are more consistent. This was due to all the people mocking of Hanzo player saying they can’t aim for s***, and that all his shots are RNG.

You guys wanted consistency, you got consistency.

I honestly prefer his old projectile speed with the large arc motion on the arrows.

You know what. Here, do this:

Hanzo now has a 10 arrow quiver
Hanzo’s Quiver auto recharges 1 arrow every 2 seconds.

This gives him a non stop spam of arrows for 16 shots. at which point he will need to start waiting.

Storm arrows pulls half the numbers of arrows, so 3.

This reduces spam without changing damage. Also giving him a point that if he isn’t mindful of his quiver he won’t be able to use Storm Arrows.

Thoughts?

He has an anmo size of 1, otherwise he will be shooting like Storm Arrow constantly.

No no, cooldown is still in play. he doesn’t lose the CD. just add an additional requirement.

Wait, shuriken have an elongated hitbox too? I don’t mind hitboxes being slightly larger than the projectile itself, but I mind spammable instakill that is also stupidly easy to apply and punishes evasive movement. I wouldn’t mind a spherical hitbox around the tip that is slightly larger than the tip itself, but I do mind the elongated hitbox if that is really there, because of the aforementioned reason.

In a game where the netcode allows you to reactively dodge projectiles, you’d have a point. In Overwatch with its “favour the attacker” mechanics, random movement is the only viable way of dodging, so it shouldn’t be punished by having an instakill projectile made easier to connect because of it.

Your idea is completely unbalance as it makes his shots has a cd of 2s after his first 10 arrows throughout the game, on top of his shot having a charge requirement.

At that point, might as well go Widowmaker, then you can’t go complaining there’s even more WM in the game.

He’s not strong at all, but his right click is deemed oppressive when he activated E so they tone it down. I personally dun see his win rate resulted his nerf, its the oppressive part of his kit.