Can we please, Add Sym's Photon Barrier back in while keeping everything else? (solved)

Nothing… I just want us to think of a way to add Photon Barrier in to Sym’s Current kit.

I miss my shield buddy too :disappointed:

Jesus christ, I hope people arent really this slow. He is saying to give her the photon barrier and KEEP THE SAME KIT, her tp, throwable turrets, and her wall ult. Just adding on another ability not changing anything else

2 Likes

Can we please have health buffing back along with photon barrier? I miss my favorite support style and hate hearing people whine when I play Brig for her ult.

yes, so an extra ability.

you got my vote.

1 Like

So, a dps would have more shields than a tank?

No learn to play the hero.

What I deal with everyday.

Personally, I totally agree with this.

I think the ideal implementation would be to make it function similar to Moira’s orb deployment. Press the skill button to choose between firing a Damage Sentry Turret or a Barrier Sentry Turret. They’d have to have different cooldowns or different supply, but since the original barrier was originally projected by a flying turret, this mechanic just makes the most sense.

If they do bring the personal barrier back though, I think they should change the shape of it so it’s more similar to Orisa’s barrier (a half dome that can also block damage from the sides, and not just from the front).

Also, I think they should keep the Sym 3.0 ult, but change the name to Infinity Barrier (which honestly makes more sense), and name the personal barrier Photon Barrier.

Easy. Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks I gonna steal that. I love it.

how does one quickly switch between teleporter and the photon barrier though? Sounds clunky… and her kit is already one utilizing the most amount of buttons

This idea has transcended. Thanks to this topic, I have thought of this: 🧞‍♀ Sym Buff Idea: Make the Flying part of the Turret: a Photon Barrier

I’ve had this idea for a while but my idea has been to have a stationary photon barrier as an option that shares a cooldown with teleporter right now.

Imagine it, you choose between mobility or protection.

It would help her SO much and bring her where she needs to be. In a sniper / hitscan heavy meta, Symmetra is still pathetic.
Symmetra can’t 1v1 a Widow, Hanzo, S76, McCree, Ashe or anyone with competent aim at a range

Now, not that I think she SHOULD be able to solo those heroes but without her old photon barrier she’s just easy target fodder for them which is bad.

I don’t think she needs it, it was more frustrating to put to use than you bargained for most of the time.

"Summons Turrets, she actually Summons the old Photon Barrier slightly different.

Because unlike before, when the Barrier lands, in folds into a Turret."

See the link, this topic was more for Brainstorming… and I got it. 🧞‍♀ Sym Buff Idea: Make the Flying part of the Turret: a Photon Barrier

1 Like

They honestly don’t need to do that. They would fix her issues by giving her faster teleporter deploy time and that’s it. It’s literally the only thing that’s keeping her an easy target.

why not have it be a mode change ability like moiras orbs, you select the ability, then m1 to throw a barrier or m2 to throw a turret, both use up a turret cooldown spot, so you can throw 3 barriers quickly but then you have to wait for more

Guys your in the wrong topic here.

Personally, I would prefer it if TP was moved to alt weapon so an extra button press isn’t required to use a defensive ability.

again I have made that idea better. (Thanks to this brainstorming, I have thought of this: :genie:‍:female_sign: Sym Buff Idea: Make the Flying part of the Turret a Photon Barrier)