Can we pay blizz directly for the brig skin?

why is it always us who’s entitled? why is it never blizzard, who is obviously (:roll_eyes:) entitled to our good will and blind faith as consumers, why is it not streamers who fancy themselves entertaining enough to warrant gifts and donations?

why are we entitled for wanting to spend our money how we see fit?

4 Likes

If you hate blizzard and it’s ethics then your issue shouldn’t be how to get a skin, your issue should be how do I uninstall.

lmao are you serious? This is the most reaching argument I’ve seen in a while. First of all, huge swaths of the playerbase are adults, but second how does ANY child even get money in the first place? From adults. No child even owns the game without first getting money from, most likely, their parents.

Blizzard isn’t entitled to your good will and blind faith. I’ve been pretty harsh on them for a variety of topics in the past. It’s not blind faith to not hate them once in a while or deride an entitled doomer.

Whether or not a streamer is entitled varies from streamer to streamer. Some are douchebags, but some are pretty nice people. But either way, they entertain people for money, and people give them money because they know if they don’t said streamer won’t stream. It’s a transaction. They’re not entitled to anything. If they’re not entertaining to enough people they won’t get money out of it and will have to find a living elsewhere.

You’re not entilted for wanting to spend your money how you see fit. If you don’t like any of the streamers? Don’t spend your money. That’s fine. But thinking that any streamer should be available for this, even Joe Blow whose lucky to have more than 1 viewer because he’s your buddy, or some dude who can’t land twitch partner because not enough people know who they are isn’t helpful to Blizzard in the immediate. Expecting them to cater to your whims specifically because you don’t like how they’re handling it is entitlement.

you were the one who made an appeal to ethics and you brought up the breast milk incident.

would we rather support the downtrodden (little guy) or the treader? (big guy), right? i don’t think they’re that different, functionally.

does supporting the little guy make that much of a difference when they still work to fulfil the big guy’s vision? when they promote blizzard’s IP? when they work to drive user engagement up? when they don’t rock the boat because they’ll lose our on their benefits?

…What? I don’t understand your point.

Are you saying it’s wrong for Bizzard to make any money?

Like, it’s wrong to support a small streamer because they’re still marketing a Blizzard product?

What do you think the solution is then, other then uninstalling, if EVERY avenue of supporting Blizzard is wrong?

I’m very confused.

this is untrue

beta drops were limited as well

13 Likes

Use of Twitch by Minors and Blocked Persons

The Twitch Services are not available to persons under the age of 13. If you are between the ages of 13 and the age of legal majority in your jurisdiction of residence, you may only use the Twitch Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms of Service.

The Twitch Services are also not available to any users previously removed from the Twitch Services by Twitch or to any persons barred from receiving them under the laws of the United States (such as its export and re-export restrictions and regulations) or applicable laws in any other jurisdiction.

BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE TWITCH SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE, THAT YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND THE AGE OF LEGAL MAJORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, AND THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PREVIOUSLY REMOVED FROM AND ARE NOT PROHIBITED FROM RECEIVING THE TWITCH SERVICES. I’ll just leave this with you. Does Battle.net have age restrictions?
Blizzard accounts registered to the name of a minor are required to have Parental Controls. Children younger than 13 cannot have a Battle.net account registered to their own name. If the child is not yet 13, the Battle.net account must be registered to the name of their parents. so yep predatory money :moneybag: practice. To any blue mod or green mod :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’d be upset if the skin looked nice, but I don’t like it

Brig’s getting no love anymore :persevere:

why do the artists hate her default cute ponytail hair so much???

3 Likes

Didn’t realize every streamer on that last was a toxic manchild, much less a man.

Oh look, I see Niandra, Skiesti, Somnus, and EeveeA! Women! Non-toxic women at that!

3 Likes

The game is rated T for Teen, no one under 13 should be playing the game anyway.

But again, children can’t acquire their own money unless an adult gives it to them. Why is THIS the hill you’re dying on? It’s the stupidest point I’ve seen so far.

3 Likes

lol love Stealth but they are not anywhere close to the best Sym player

is a confirmed groomer who Frogger and Eskay both outed and now everyone shuns :woozy_face:

5 Likes

He also made videos mocking and making fun of me and many other forumers who were pro-brig during the Brig-hate/harass her VA crisis . No way in hell I’m supporting him

Like him or not he was BIG part of the community that overwatch has today, the man literally breathed overwatch for years. And if OW2 makes a comeback on launch he will be a big part of its success, you dont have to like him but the dude pulls viewers like no other

1 Like

3. Purchase Qualifications; Account Security

To make a purchase on the Twitch Services, you must be a registered Twitch Services user and comply with these Terms of Sale and the Terms of Service. You acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining the security of, and restricting access to your account and password, and you agree to accept responsibility for all purchases and other activities that occur under your account. Twitch sells its Ancillary Products and Services only to those users who can legally make purchases with a credit card. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18 (or the legal age of majority in your state of residence), you may make purchases on the Twitch Services only with the permission of a parent or guardian. Twitch reserves the right to refuse or cancel orders or terminate accounts at any time in its sole discretion.

4. Subscription Services Terms

Twitch may offer certain Ancillary Products and Services in connection with the Twitch Services on a subscription basis with recurring payments (“Subscription Services”) as disclosed to you when you subscribe to any Subscription Services. Subscription Services may renew automatically, and you agree that we are authorized to charge you for payment on a recurring basis prior to each renewal. You agree that your Subscription Service will renew continuously for the agreed subscription time period until you cancel it.

Twitch reserves the right to discontinue or modify any subscription fee payment option. If we discontinue or modify a subscription payment option, we will provide notice of such discontinuance or modification by email or through the Twitch Services in advance of the next billing date. If you are signing up under any promotional subscription fee, some additional restrictions may apply. These restrictions, if any, will be provided to you before you sign up for the applicable Subscription Service that is subject to the promotion. Also key feature blizzard is obtaining private information so they can pick it up and share it with china. Tik tok has already been confirmed there streaming platforms information heads to China.

nope, faust said:

which isn’t untrue - he’s the CEO, of course an ungodly amount of profit goes to him. and he’s obviously done nothing to help the work “enviroment” at ABK. faust refers to him as the “breast milk bandit” - i’m not going that far because i don’t want another tempban, but we can agree that he most likely was complicit in the covering up of abuse against women at ABK.

as bad as he is, as terrible as this institution is, the “female/trans/otherwise small and kind strangers” work to fulfil his goals for OW, if they don’t work already for ABK (e.g. soe and the league) - all in all it’s not a stretch to say they work for him.

but they don’t have to. they could stream games made by studios without histories of abuse, they could

even if we donate to them directly, they still work for this abusive and misogynistic hellhole and/or work to keep its IPs relevant/profitable.

nope, but i don’t see it as any better in terms of ethics. the only saving grace is that the money goes to them, but they still uphold blizzard’s hegemony (even by a little bit)

Faust was pointing out the irony of people wanting to pay Blizzard directly instead of streamers because of their moral resistance to said streamers. A combination of “these streamers are all bad people, and I want to support the little guys, can I pay Blizzard instead?” That was the irony that Faust was pointing out. They weren’t trying to make some grandiose ethics call. I still don’t really understand your point.

And accepted my error comments below that, still why cant all streamers get said benefits and not just the elite few?

What is the point that you’re trying to make?

No child can make purchases without parental involvement.

1 Like

Why are you on these forums and/or playing Blizzard’s games?

And to be fair, my responses to OP were in reference to them wanting to pay Blizzard directly instead of giving streamers a kick back.

Because it doesn’t help Blizzard. What’s the point of shelling out $15 to someone who gets 4 views a month?

2 Likes