Can we just raise Mercy's skill floor/ceiling?

I don’t want/need your approval about my approval, nor am I asking for it. Doesn’t mean there can’t be indicators.

1 Like

You don’t want or need it.
Yet you want something that tells you about it?

That’s like me buying a nature magazine subscription. I don’t care but I NEED and indicator.

I’d say look at Widowmaker. There is a bias among people that Widowmaker is going to most likely be a weakness on your team due to the inability to hit something.

In which case, its good that if you really are exceptional at Widowmaker people will get off your back generally once you can nail some pretty apparent proof. Huh… Widowmaker is carrying our team.

Sort of similar with Mercy where people tend to see her as not as good compared to Moira/Ana. If one can explicitly display they are making an impact on their character choice people will generally leave you alone.

2 Likes

Yeah, because it would be nice.

It would be nice to have constant reminders of something you don’t care about on a player you’re going to play with what? once?

Here you go OP

Some ideas i had
📄 Lets (Try) To fix mercy!

But if you’re doing well, they won’t complain. You can tell when a Mercy is doing her job.

It would be nice for Mercy to have a high skill ceiling so you can differentiate good ones from bad ones, yes. Isn’t that what Mercy mains want? They want to be noticed.

Ehh, if they can raise her skill floor and ceiling to the point where there’s more room for mistakes i wouldn’t mind her presence at the higher ranks. But as it stands now, she and Moira are just way too simplistic and reliable compared to Ana. (Not saying that she’s perfectly balanced at the moment by any means)

I’m probably one of the most known Mercy haters on these forums.
But this is as honest and positive of an answer you’re probably going to get from us. From a balance perspective, she’s right where she should be right now.
A very reliable main healer that falls off the higher up the ranks you go.
Her consistency and reliability comes with the price of less potential.

That being said, there should be room for potential reworks or changes.

You can differentiate the good ones from the bad ones, if you are looking for the right things. She doesn’t need changes, she’s fine.

1 Like

Not really m8. I have a 4.1k Mercy main friend and a 3.6k Mercy main friend, and they do the exact same crap lmao.

1 Like

Then they should both be the same SR. But alas they are not, this means they are doing things differently. To the untrained eye a Bronze Genji and a GM Genji do the same things, but would you agree they do?

But they’re not the same SR. Meaning no matter how good you are on Mercy, you can still be in any SR range because Mercy has minimal control over a game.

I can use this argument on any hero, because all Symmetra’s aren’t the same SR she has no control over a game, because all Genji’s aren’t the same SR he has no control over the game. I can go on and on.

I for one would certainly not mind if they did.

I missed the high risk / high reward gameplay that occurred during her mass rez days (before the invincibility), and while it may not be seen by many as the most “skilled” ultimate, I would certainly take it over her current ultimate which essentially does everything for her.

I would totally love for them to somehow give her something that makes her both more engaging, rewarding, and impactful to play, while also raising her skill floor. Hopefully, with the more of the community coming to the general consensus that Mercy needs a little more added to her kit, we will get to see something like that happen with her in the future. Here’s hoping! Great post OP. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

You can’t, because Sym and Genji actually have control over games. What? :joy:

Their impact is tenfold that of Mercy’s.

1 Like

You can’t ay that for Mercy because she has control over games. What makes you say she has no control but they do?

Her kit being bad? Her kit being overly reliant on other people? Do you play Mercy or?

4 Likes

She’s a support. Do you want her to solo wipe the enemy team?

Are you being ignorant on purpose or something? Just because you’re a support doesn’t mean your kit should solely revolve around your teammates being decent at the game. Look at Zen, look at Lucio, look at literally any other support besides maybe Moira.

All have huge carry potential because their kits aren’t overly-reliant on their teammates.

2 Likes