Can we have a list of banable programs?

I want official confirmation tho. I’m not taking any risks with these things, especially when forums are full of conflicting information about this.

i use those too, i didn’t get a notification…they are always careful because hackers use information as their main weapon so blizz is vague about it…and they should be.
frankly its quite easy to know if you have any of those programs installed

I’m talking about visor and obs. I dont even know what that other one is, or care.

I mean there is a couple people being flagged that do not use pursuit or visor which is what brought us here

proof…youre but words.
you might be just a person thats unhappy those programs got banned.

I’m 110% sure you CAN use OBS. They openly stated that any software that give an advantage to players by reporting back to you where player locations are, what player ult charges are at and so on are bannable.

OBS doesn’t even know what game you’re playing. All it does it report the screen and/or stream it to a service. You are safe using these programs.

Continuing the discussion from Unauthorized Third-party Software:

I did try visor but it dropped my frame rate to a point that makes the game way too hard to play on my system so i actually am not using it, never used pursuit at all and everything i know about it i learned since yesterday.

I’m actually concerned about other programs getting flagged

Yeah, this entire pursuit thing confuses me the most. And i heard in the past that some people have got themselves into trouble because of Discords overlay.

I have used Discord without overlay and Plays tv for recording (i stopped using that when highlight capture was added) just fine in the past, so it’s very likely that i’m worrying for nothing, but i’m going to wait for now, until official confirmation.

I’m 110% sure you CAN use OBS. They openly stated that any software that give an advantage to players by reporting back to you where player locations are, what player ult charges are at and so on are bannable.
OBS doesn’t even know what game you’re playing. All it does it report the screen and/or stream it to a service. You are safe using these programs.
For example, a third-party application that offers users information such as enemy position, enemy health, enemy ability usage, or Ultimate readiness creates an uneven playing field for every other player in the map.

From what i can understand, pursuit doesnt do any of that and is still banned

there you go… you did use it…
let me tell you something, it’s probably still in your registry , which blizz can see, programs like that are basically viruses, they use unorthodox stuff to operate…to avoid detection.
if you just “uninstalled” it, its probably not completely removed from your PC…you need to find a way to remove it.

1 Like

I have nothing to say on that program because I never heard of it till 2 days ago. I’m only going to comment on OBS, Shadowplay and other software that’s only used to record game play or stream it to a service.

I use OBS (still active), but no email received (already checked).

1 Like

Again though, you’re not actually being constructive, you’re saying OBS is 110% not getting people flagged and funny enough, it does “change the game in any way” via overlay

What? How? It doesn’t do anything with the game. It doesn’t track heroes. It doesn’t track stats. It doesn’t tell you what players on the other teams have their ults charged.

Having overlays that have NOTHING TO DO WITH OVERWATCH isn’t the same as the other two programs that track whats going on in the game and giving you feedback.

Dude you cant just nit pick at some part of those message and ignore others. They literally say anything that modifies the game, be it functionally or visually is not supported and to be used at your own risk. An overlay modifies it visually.
Is it ambiguous? TOTALLY! Hence why this thread exists

How is an overlay that post when someone gives you bits or whatever on twitch modifying the game?

People could give bits to play a message about the enemies ult charge, obviously cheating. A competitive violation no doubt.

I literally used Pursuit once, for about 1 minute until I realized I can’t use it at all because I only have 1mb upload speed (yes, it’s very sh*tty). It raises my latency to an unplayable 800 ping. Never touched it again, then a few days later I got that email, threatening to permanently ban my Silver Border 5 star account.

1 Like

I guess it’s a good think they send warnings and just didn’t flat out ban you right?

How is an overlay that post when someone gives you bits or whatever on twitch modifying the game?

Psssst, does it look different than plain overwatch? Yes?
Read the actual ToS.
This is not a new issue, we had that same problem back in WoW with add-ons.
a 100% of the WoW mods that arent blizzard are against the ToS…in theory but they let most slide. This is the issue we have right now, theres very few program that are being used and we kinda need to know WHAT is fine and what is not.

I’m totally behind a visor ban, the ult thing was just asking for it. The thing is…im not sure how youre trying to argue that overlays dont change the looks of the game when obviously, if they didnt change the way the game looks in ANY way…they wouldnt be called overlays

1 Like