Can we get an experimental card with Roadhog in the DPS category?

In the past, Jeff has mentioned how they were testing Roadhog in the DPS category internally (I believe it was in reference to the 1-3-2 system they were trying out internally before it went on the experimental card). Could the community get an experimental card with Roadhog as a DPS so we could try out how the game feels? I would be curious to know how the character would be adjusted if at all if he were placed in the DPS role.

2 Likes

you’d have to get rid of his hook, which is the thing that makes him an offtank

I mean, if you don’t adjust him, you’d literally have triple tank. Remember that meta, revolving around Hog in the dps slot?

I’d highly prefer if they made him more of a tank and less of a DPS instead.

Nerf damage buff TAB and give it team utility.

8 Likes

Roadhog as a dps will never work. They will have to change everything about him. His size. His hp. His kit.

3 Likes

My guess would be they lower the length of his hook, reduce his self healing, remove damage mitigation entirely, and lower his health.

In return he’d more damage and ammo so his gun is way better.

Essentially turning him into a slow Reaper with utility.

They would also have to make his entire character model smaller and completely change his build. Most likely remove hook because hook in general shouldn’t exist (in my opinion) and for a dps to go around with a one shot that doesnt exactly put them in danger it’s a yikes from me.

We have 8 tanks and 17 DPS right now. I’d rather not lose a tank for another DPS hero.

4 Likes

He can just have higher health to compensate for his bulk like Bastion. Not as high as he has currently but higher than other dps.

Get rid of his huge damage reduction while healing.
Decrease his hook cooldown.
Remove the stun during hook.

Uh, wasn’t it dva, zarya and rein, with dva as the DPS?

The issue with making hog a dps now is the limit we already have on tanks. If they do release several new tanks for OW2’s launch I could see this being an option.

They just need to lower the HP to 300, make his hitbox smaller and remove the damage migation when healing himself.

BOOM he is a DPS

The issue with making Hog a dps is that he is freaking huge, he simply doesnt fit has a dps

The biggest dps are Bastion and Doomfist and both are smaller than him

That’s the problem. Roadhog is TOO big to be a dps. And even if you give him higher health he’s literally just still a tank. Ur just keeping him a tank but then buffing his dmg. Right now he’s considered an ult battery and a meat shield. So what would lowering his health provide?

If he has high enough health to stay alive better than other dps but not enough to tank, then he’s no longer a tank. He’d be more along the lines of Doomfist or Bastion in terms of what he could it he had 350 hp.

Roadhog honestly already works best when he can leave the primary tanking tasks to other tanks. Which is why his best comps were triple tank ones, as he was more free to focus on doing damage.

Okay let me ask you this. Hog is keeping his same size and hitbox right? What hp do you suggest to give him?

350 perhaps, maybe 400. Self heal drops to 150-200.

Then he’s too weak. His head is giant. He’s a just a giant sphere walking around with 400 hp (which btw is tank hp range 400-600. He’ll be worse than the people with 400 hp. Zarya and sigma.

Well he’s not gonna have to damage soak though because he can fight behind two tanks. And I think the strength he’d gain from being able to synergize with off tanks like Zarya instead of competiting with her would be stronger than the power he’d have to give up.