Can we get a comment about Mercy's time "on fire"?

Not asking for much here but from what I can see something is definitely wrong with how she earns it as its really hard to achieve for whatever reason compared to everyone else. In ranked below diamond this is a real problem since that is one of the things PBSR grades you on. Whether or not its a bug, Mercy is being denied by the system in case anyone was wondering.

5 Likes

I was on fire a bit of times as Mercy by doing the following:

• Heal at least 7,000 damage without dying
  • Res two people without dying

I noticed that staying alive is a big factor of being on fire as Mercy, the longer you are alive, the easier it is to get on fire as her.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like much on paper, but in game there have been way too many situations where mercy is the only one not on fire after a team fight is won but everyone else on her team is.

I’ve had teammates go full combat medic and still nothing, so something is up.

Yeah the system that she uses to get there is a little wonky. That’s basically how I seem to get on fire with her currently anyways.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

If it wasn’t for PBSR no one would need to say anything, but if something is actually wrong she is getting screwed on performance points which needs to be fixed.

I really hope we get an answer from a dev soon

Before the rework, the only times Mercy was ever really on fire was after resurrecting like 3+ allies at once and they even nerfed that because the DPS babies complained about Mercy getting PotG for pressing a button so she REALLY never got on fire. Mercy not being able to generate fire and maintain it has been an issue since before they changed her ultimate to Valkyrie so I’m not going to hold my breath for them changing it the system to accommodate for her playstyle.

“On fire” for Mercy is screwed up, but don’t expect any changes to Mercy any time soon unfortunately. Jeff just replied there at long last.

The megathread is redundant but they insist on still keeping it up with the illusion that they are taking feedback onboard :confused:. It seems that win rate and pick rate only mean nerf/buff to them, not opinions or comments. The megathreads have been nothing but a time sink for both members and forum staff (e.g. moving Mercy related threads into it and making new megathreads). Frustrated is an understatement.

It isn’t really about changes to her kit, its the PBSR. She is being shafted because of how rare it is to be on fire.

1 Like

Yeah I agree entirely, I’d love at least for “on fire” to be fair again, but “we don’t feel like Mercy needs changes right now” can also include adjusting her ‘on fire’ behaviour sadly. I get from that post that they simply aren’t really interested in altering her full stop (except for content additions that is such as new cosmetics or new voice lines). I’d love to be wrong but really after that I don’t expect much, sorry if I sound pessimistic!

Okay so… you changed it from “(outro) #revertmercy” to “xavvypls :purple_heart:” but now your username is RevertMercy.

So, shouldn’t it be signed by “RevertMercy” since you’re no longer xxavypls?

I knew this would happen. Mercy mains say “at least reply to the megathread” and then when a dev does, they hate the reply because it has nothing to do with bringing back mass rez.

the reason why they’re probably not changing it is that the on-fire system is tied to PoTG (the PoTG is usually the fastest on-fire gain), and a lot of people dont like seeing mercy PoTGs because they claim they are relatively boring (which, as a mercy main myself, i can somewhat understand)

Nothing to do with mass resurrect either, suggest you read through what people want. Not everyone is of the ‘mass resurrect demand’. Many just want Valkyrie to be somehow what it was originally described as, “Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity for big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her”. Short of going Battle Mercy there’s no potential for big game-making plays with Valkyrie. Hope that’s clarified.

But the main point is, if they consider Mercy fine then close the megathreads and don’t lie about it in the thread’s main post saying they appreciate our feedback and are reading it daily or whatever.

Anyway, that’s enough from me as I don’t want to drag this topic into being off-topic. Sorry OP for going a little off-topic with this specific reply, but had to reply to this specific post which I felt is a bit incorrect.

Fingers crossed they will at least address the “on fire” situation with Mercy, that’s something then that will help PBSR as you’ve stated :slight_smile:.

2 Likes