Can we get a Black Woman Hero?

As I’m an actual person with over 200 hours on this game? Genuine.

I will say it again.

Who cares.

If they add one, that’s great, if they don’t, then they don’t. Just have fun, and play the game😁

4 Likes

From Africa does not automatically equal black. Plenty of people who are the descendants of people who colonized Africa, such as from South Africa, are from Africa. Not Black.

Not everyone from Africa is Black, you know. North African Arabs for example aren’t.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

In the Uprising sepia photograph, there is a black woman to the far right. I think she might appear in the future.

The hero is on the PTR. It has not been released. The release date has not been specified.

Regardless, your disdain for the OP and the character request have been noted. Repeatedly.

3 Likes

…I mean, they aren’t wrong…

This is a great idea, I don’t see why everyone is hating. Seriously, they just want they just want the game to have more variety. They are not being racist or calling anyone racist, just giving an idea. Whisper, Make Efi grown up and in the game, she could be like a Defencive drone user(Wink Wink to the developers) make sure she is not under aged cause that could cause some controversy.

5 Likes

i see then i apologize for the negative backslash from the community. i think it has something to do with the whole “self victimization” thing. i mean a lot of dark skinned south east asians, or even dark skinned asians in general, aren’t really represented in the game (the shimadas and even mei are practically white passing to me)

but getting backslash simply cause of asking for a black woman hero, yeah that sucks.

3 Likes

Maybe. I understand and agree with the idea that the devs don’t want to be shooting children in the game. that’s a can of worms you don’t want to open. But I’d rather see something else then an Efi-related time skip.

2 Likes

I don’t see any reason not to add another black hero. OW is a game that can easily handle a huge and diverse roster. Probably won’t get one soon, but it seems like it’s inevitable that it will eventually happen.

2 Likes

lol, winstone makes crono-excelerator for her, she is 21. bang, all done

2 Likes

the fact is theirs been 3 new characters from Africa i wouldn’t expect another in a while. if anything is actually needed it would be more middle eastern, south american or Canadian representation

3 Likes

Well Said!

…Black people don’t only come from Africa, but ok.

You don’t have to make posts on this topic if you really don’t care about it. Mute the thread and move on.

2 Likes

black is a race. Not it’s own separate ethnicity. Yes not all Africans are black, but Pharah and Ana themselves are indeed black.

No. They’re not. But go off.

1 Like

Overwatch has yet to have a Southeast Asian of either gender.

Just saying.