Can we delete mercy from the game?

I mean a lot of the suggestions I’ve seen either make her overpowered or give back an ability that the devs dont want back or make her the perfect hero where she works all the time so you wont need to switch :man_shrugging:

1 Like

For the record, their second most played hero is in fact mercy. So even if you meant it literally, you would still be correct. :blush:

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/lolojenkins-11431/heroes

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Those players are not Mercy mains. They are Valkyrie mains.

1 Like

I’ve had a different experience. The majority of the suggestions I’ve seen have been sound and engaging. Even if a lot of what you’ve seen isn’t possible or would make Mercy OP, at least a constructive talk is taking place. If you notice an actual discussion on how to better the hero going on, why not contribute?

I have why do you assume I haven’t?
Disagreeing with something and offering your opinion on why is also contributing, sadly a lot get salty and flag you for it and label you as a Mercy hater.

I think the current Mercy is just fine, and I’m fine with rez compeletly removed and a balanced non op new ability is introduced.
Or a different form of rez which I already shared in previous posts :man_shrugging:

Oh, dope. I wasn’t assuming you had or hadn’t voiced an opinion on topics about Mercy designs, though I can see how it would come across that way.

I’m sorry you’ve had experiences like that when sharing ideas, but I can’t relate. I’m also an advocate for res to be gone- possibly moved to Valk. and I’ve never had someone in the Mercy community treat me poorly. I’ve only had proper discussions and civil disagreements.

1 Like

“Mercy players don’t give any constructive suggestions!”
I wonder why they don’t give a lot of suggestions any more :thinking: It’s not like all of their opinions and constructive suggestions all got merged into megathreads and tossed away

2 Likes

uwu what’s this?
/20 char

Long post I guess, but anyway;

Oh yeah? Well, if you checked my post history, you’d see me lay out my entire Competitive History where I very clearly say I main mostly Tracer/Widow throughout Season’s 5 - 12, with my SR values Season by Season with wins/hours played. It was literally 2 days ago or so. So, you’re just lying.

Some Career Profile pics. What I had on my phone. Been Master’s every season except for Season 2 (Diamond), and Season 9 when I decided not to care and just did placements.

https://imgur.com/20aUuGi
https://imgur.com/jsBLNjU
https://imgur.com/RpxXmXK
https://imgur.com/7w4reev

They’re out of order, but anyway, I went from a literal Mercy 1-trick in Season 2 to someone who can play most heroes, and prefer Widow/Tracer, when I don’t flex.

Believe it or not, you don’t have to be a Mercy main to see that she’s currently flawed in her current form. Ya, people that are objective, rare I know.

Also, what does my icon have to do with anything? I have Ashe on my actual account. I usually use the “Jaina” icon on it. Am I a “Jaina” main too? Should I have a Tracer/Widow icon to be a main of those characters? I use the Pink Mercy Icon because my PC account has none lol.

I don’t call that hiding. Being evasive, sure. However, my use of the word “hid” was in response toward your attack of calling me a Mercy who would hide all game to press Q for POTG’s. To that, I say, I never hid. I know how to play Support. I wasn’t in Master’s with Mercy first for no reason. Thanx. You can’t say “Meh, you hid all game” and then turn around and say “Wait, you never hid? You’re bad.”

Am I? I simply replied that a “Delete ___” thread was a waste of time, and countered your argument about Valk being so much work that Blizzard wouldn’t possibly delete it, with the argument that they wouldn’t delete Mercy instead because she has much more investment than a silly Ult ever had.

“Can’t delete Valk, too much effort. So delete Mercy” - Logic 2018

You attacked me with that personal remark e.g.

I never personally attacked you in my original post. You went low, because you’re the defensive one. See the likes on my posts? There’s none for you. People disagree with you. Get over it, and grow up. It doesn’t afford you the right to make personal attacks.

Uh, ya it did. 5x Rez’s were a rarity. They didn’t happen every game, all game. The Rez’s that occurred frequently were 2-3 man Rez’s. Only bad Mercy’s held their Ult for a full team Rez all game. Didn’t happen.

Rez was a game deciding Ult most times. A Mercy player needed to use it at the right time, whether it be a multiple Rez, or Rezing a key component of your team to ensure a win to turn things around. Much more thought there than Valk.

Nah, it’s no different than normal Mercy. You just fly. You tell me that when you press Q your eyes dilate and you have SO MUCH DECISIONS TO MAKE? Lmao. Okay.

You choose to heal, damage, or pistol 24/7. Just because she spreads her wings and flies with a bit more HPS doesn’t change anything about Mercy whatsoever. It’s a garbage mechanic. If anything it seems like you’re trying to make Mercy sound more skill-required than she really is… and she’s not. It’s just position and being evasive. Knowing how to triage.

Valk was originally supposed to be a dynamic Ult that allowed Mercy to be in the fight, make Rez’s, and sustain a team. It’s been stripped away to being a basic buff for Mercy’s ordinary skills temporarily.

I had 200 Hours on Mercy. Nice, more personal attacks. It seems you’re not that great at debates. It only shows that you’ve lost and have nothing really to offer anyone.

Anyway, I equally have 300 hours on Widow among my alts. Tracer maybe 150. 170 on DVA, I think. I have 3 alt accounts for different SR Tiers. I made various ones to explore the tiers to gain perspective to help lower tiered players and see where they come from. Unlike yourself, I don’t go out of my way to be rude and insulting to others over a silly game.

I play on PS4, and I’m a rather decent Widowmaker on it. Often accused of using a mouse. I don’t make videos or record often, but occasionally I’ll throw things together to edit. It’s a hobby of mine. These are probably a year old. I’m even better now. Can skip the intro if you’d like. It’s like 30 secs.

You’ll have to highlight them. I can’t post links apparently.

grappleshot montage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3lzchByvCM

Some gameplay montage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DkCoihzwQE

Anyone that watches them can see I’m a good Widow. Mostly clips of my main (Redeemer), and some of my Plat alt, (AmelieDelRey). I don’t think I used the other 2 back then. And there’s various other videos on my channel that show I’m in Master’s. Even one using the broken Valkyrie with Mercy reviving my teammate Reinhardt over and over, and we won.

Here lol. OG Valk was more broken than Mass Rez ever was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj53_LjOgUQ

So, think what you like. I’m not a liar, and have no reason to be. I support what I say. You just continue to be rude and condescending while having no merits of your own.

I’m done now.

3 Likes

Then stop making click bait titles.

6 Likes

Yes it was, which is why it needed to go.

No, they just needed to balance it differently. Every Ult in this game is damn near game changing. When Genji ults for a quad-kill that’s okay? But Mercy Rez’s 3 and that’s a hell no?

What was unfair was the fact she erased plays. The obvious answer was to balance Rez in a way that gave the team another chance (her niche), but a disadvantaged one. Also, no invincibility, LoS required, non-instant cast.

Revived teammates could’ve either had 1 or a mix of;

• No Ult charge
  • Cooldown on all abilities, each of their own values
  • Reduced HP

Any, or all of these factors would’ve greatly reduced it’s power and would not have robbed DPS players of their actions. If they wiped out 3, and she revived them, then at least they lost their Ults. Furthermore, if it was mid-fight, Revived teammates would be severely disadvantaged. It wouldn’t have as much swing.

Anyway, Valk is likely to stay, and so be it. But I do wish Blizzard would actually take the time to balance things instead of scrapping them out and making new half-baked projects.

They gave Mercy too much power with Mass Rez over time. They only cared about Mercy dying and balanced around that. They never thought about the rest of the game.

And lastly, Mercy not having Mass Rez is not why she is no longer meta. Blizzard finally buffed other healers, so they’re now in demand. Kinda like in Season 2.

2 Likes

Yes, and the fact that you dont understand the massive difference between a counterable, avoidable additive ult and an uncounterable, multiplicative ult is a little weird.

I know the difference. Why use the term “fact” so loosely like that? You saying I don’t understand, is not a fact… that’s incorrect.

You didn’t read examples about how the Ult could’ve been balanced to be less powerful, for both Mercy and Revived teammates.

But whatever.

Unsure what that means. Former words made sense.

Could be applied to any DPS Ult. Instead of bringing multiples back, it takes multiples away.

You could’ve killed the Mercy, too. But that became harder later on, but again, that was Blizzards bad balancing. So.

2 Likes

It is a “fact” because YOU, not me, made the direct comparison between them, and attempted to pass them off as equivalent, even posturing through the rhetorical question of one being ok and the other not as somehow perplexing.

So, either the posturing was fake, and you dont believe that they are equivalent, or you do and just don’t know the difference. It is fair for me to assume you are honest, which leaves only the “fact” that you didnt know. If it isnt a “fact” then that is a much worse alternative when it comes to your argument.

Ok, so I feel a little better, since you have confirmed it to be a “fact” as you dont know what an additive ult is, thus you cannot differentiate it from a multiplicative one. Why would you get so offended, and then outright admit it?

An additive ult is simply one where the actions that stem from the use of the ult are limited to the duration of the ult itself. Genji’s ult can only do so much, because it has a beginning and an end, and a window of use. It doesnt then cause another to be able to use their ultimate in a fight that they otherwise couldn’t use it in.

Mass Res on the other hand, is multiplicative. The use of it literally enables up to 5 more ults to be used where they otherwise couldn’t be. This is significantly more power than one single Genji ult. It is the equivalent of one ult filling a car’s gas tank, and the other filling the gas station’s.

Ana’s ult is powerful since it is an enhancement AND a survival tool, but Ana can enhance no more than one person, nor can she enable anyone to use their ultimate when they should otherwise be dead.

Lucio’s Ult is very powerful in that is can negate ONE burst ult when correctly timed. It is built in such a way as to be unable to provide protection against multiples even in the near impossible chance that they go off at the same time.

Mercy’s Mass Res was light years ahead of those in that it undoes a full battle that was lost, and enabled an immediate counterassault with up to 5 ults being enabled at once.

Again, I’m asking for the 6th time, please stop spreading misinformation about me on the forums. I have never signed in to Overbuff or had a public profile so whatever is appearing on Overbuff is incorrect.

Regardless, even if my most played hero is Mercy, why are you trying to use the fact that my “second most played hero is mercy” as an insult? Are you acknowledging how toxic forum mercys are and how badly people do not want to be associated with people like you? :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
A lover of facts, reality, and logic.

This is what I referred to

Removing mercy would be healthy for the game, there is so many heroes she can pocket, both on the ground and in the air. I feel the game would balance it self out a lot if they just removed her. Then people can’t use (Coward) Tactics to win the game, meaning Mercy Pockets.

it’s been 5 years and this still only has 17 likes LMFAO

for a reason too

also bud don’t necro posts tysm xoxo