Can we ban mcree or any variation in chat

stop dead naming him!!

2 Likes

Stop caring about what other people call him!

There’s already 28903432 threads on his name change. Pick one. We don’t need 28903433 threads.

32 Likes

We need them as long as people reply to them. Hint, hint.

“Need” is a huge stretch.

Regardless, all of them are pretty dumb, but this one is especially baity.

1 Like

Wouldn’t have to say anything if there were mods to clean up these forums. :expressionless:

2 Likes

we need to respect they decision

NANI? She is trans after all? O_O

1 Like

I Heard that they’re balancing Cassidy in ow 2, i wonder what he will be like woth no flash🤔

Me and the Forums’ reaction to this obvious bait:

1 Like

Unfortunately, they really don’t need to. Part of their “rights” I suppose. Doesn’t make it any less childish or stupid. But if you’re one of the sensible ones, just don’t encourage it. If someone is adamant on using his name in game or something, just interact with them normally whilst using “Cassidy,” and move on.

i hope not lol since i do a lot of boo boo’s or im just so use to calling him mccree. i dont want to get banned because of that :laughing:

of course blizzard can ban us for any reason without reason since we agreed to it in the tos

that warriors video… i love this version “the warriors” vs “pink floyd”

1 Like

Excuse me but demanding the name change is equally childish or stupid, if any. They are 2 faces of the same coin.

5 Likes

First off, just to be clear. No one from the community really demanded a name change (not saying you said that they did). The change was decided by the OW team. Also, there’s nothing childish about it. I explained this to some other ignorant person before but…

“Alrighty, tell me this. how would you feel, being one of the “harrassed” that worked at Blizzard. And everytime you see that name in this game it urks you because of what’s been going on in and outside of their workplace. And after it all comes to light, Blizzard is just like… “Eh, the name can stay, it’s no big deal.” It’s acknowledgement for what other things are behind that name. Whether you want to think of it only as a game character or not.”

If you REALLY want to look into it, the name change wasn’t for the community at all in some respects. A lot of people have already voiced how much they couldn’t care less about the name change, and how McCree “rolls off the tongue easier.” So it really isn’t childish, it’s a respectable decision, that really only people that were affected by the horrid situations can fully appreciate.

No, I nickname every hero, McCree is the nickname I have for Cassidy.

6 Likes

…

Seriously?

4 Likes

‘McRee’

lol. We can definitely ban that!

Cree is just quicker to say in VC

2 Likes

You’ve just become my favourite Forum user. I…I think I love you…! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :astonished:

(Didn’t realise my own homeland had such a talented Floyd tribute band. That’s awesome.)

1 Like

It started on twitter first, before they announced anything. Some players demanded the change, OWL caster had to avoid calling him by name.

Secondly, working and functional adults who cant separate fiction and real life and got hung up on the name is just as equally childish. They give power to a name, just as the opposite.

At the end of the day, it s their choice, it s their property to do whatever they want to do with it. But there is no highground between the 2 camps.

4 Likes

Well, regardless of how it started, whether it was demanded in a childish way or not, I don’t think the action itself can be regarded as childish, that’s my thoughts. But, I could’ve figured the people of twitter would jump on that name after the news. Not that I’ve seen it for myself.

In the end, I don’t think any sensible person can look at the name change and just say it’s a bad thing. You want to call it unecessary? Fine. Childish? Sure. But at the very least, in everyone’s minds, this shouldn’t be a bad thing. And I’m genuinely curious as to how long it’ll take people to accept that, and just drop it.