Can we all calm down and realize this?

The new Symmetra rework is getting a lot of hate, but people often forget that this is work in progress. Do not treat the new changes as confirmed to be in the final game with absolutely no change. Do not assume things before you have even tried it, and most importantly, ABSOLUTELY do not flame the developers for trying these out either! Posts like šŸ˜” Why are Symmetra players Angry at the "Rework"? - #258 by Nebbyindabag-1873 or Symmetra main ANGERY are exactly why developers are scared to post WIP projects they are working on because people donā€™t realize that none of this is finalized or balanced.

6 Likes

I honestly couldnā€™t be more happy about these new changes but I can see how the disabled people/hardcore sym mains could be upset with such drastic changes.

Perhaps the next hero could have a close range lock on of sorts to replace sym :thinking: I feel like itā€™d be wrong to leave them without at least something.

but they are right sym is going to become essentially a fresh new hero in terms of abilities.

I can somewhat understand why a sym main would be dissatisfied, but not upset since these are not final. However, there are plenty of heroes that are disabled - friendly, such as Bastion, Reinhardt, and Mercy to list a few.

1 Like

but these changes are looking overall balanced in my eyes and shouldnā€™t lead down the same root as what happened with mercy. Still hoping she gets a proper rework when they get done with the current bunch of reworks. but Iā€™m happy to finally see these heroā€™s get the attention and changes they need.

I just wish they hadnā€™t seemingly rushed through mercyā€™s rework to do so.

I have the right to be upset and itā€™s none of your business. Most Symmetra Mains like myself are just upset about how drastic the changes sound. Yeah ā€œnothing is set in stoneā€ but everything we were told about Hanzoā€™s rework came out as they explained so chances are that itā€™ll be the same case for the Sym changes that were mentioned. The only things Iā€™m upset about is the fact that she can no longer provide shields to her allies and Her primary fire is no longer lock on. The reason I donā€™t like the primary fire change is because it was the funniest part of her kit for me. Itā€™s also an indirect buff to Tracer and Genji.

1 Like

I certainly agree (especially with your first postā€¦ My god, people, chill for one second!). Iā€™m looking forward to the changes for Symmetra, but I am a bit sad that sheā€™ll be less disabled-friendly. That being said, since it seems her beam may end up being thicker, this may not even be an issueā€¦ And I guess weā€™re back to the idea of ā€œItā€™s too soon to tell!ā€ haha :slight_smile:

Reinhardt and Bastion are not disabled-freindly you have aim with bastion and Rein requires a lot more effort than Sym and Mercy.

1 Like

You have a point, but instantaneous outrage this early in the game isnā€™t productive. Not that it invalidates your points, but the knee-jerk reactions piling up before anything is even remotely set in stone doesnā€™t create the best platform for legitimate concerns later.

Also a bit puzzled as to your ā€œitā€™s none of your business,ā€ as you came into this thread specifically.

RE: aim-friendly heroes, I started out on Symm, Mercy, Rein, Lucio and Bastion. At lower tiers (bronze through gold, at least) theyā€™re very friendly! If youā€™re a disabled player at higher tiers you may have the ability to open up to certain other heroes as well.

1 Like

It actually is productive, letting the balancing team know ahead of time that we donā€™t like the idea of some of these things can change the outcome.

I should rephrase! I think itā€™s absolutely fair to raise concerns for the dev team. By ā€œknee-jerkā€, the kind of threads weā€™re used to looking at are the types of ā€œTHE END IS NIGHā€ type posts that arenā€™t productive in this format. With all of the static in either direction without articulating issues itā€™s incensed chatter. Youā€™re obviously very informed and are articulating your own thoughts with the possible impact of the changes as someone with MAJOR symmetra hours under their belt. And that is helpful.

I do think that there is still a lot to be said for seeing the changes in action - even gameplay previews like Hanzoā€™s rework change the actual perception of how the character plays.

1 Like

I say let them hate! I want my symmetra with a huge shield, thiccccccc beam, play making teleport, shooting turrets and able to play in comp!

1 Like

While it is true that nothing is set in stone yet, it doesnā€™t seem like a very Blizzard thing to do to give this level of detail on a rework and then change their minds about it. Look at how uncommon it is for them to change something once it has made it onto the PRT.

While I personally never had a problem with Sym, I can understand why Blizzard felt that they needed to change literally every single one of her abilites. I feel like all of the ability in her kit do not currently scale well when going through the ranks. Symā€™s lock-on weapon, her turrets, and her TP/shield gen, can be really strong against lower ranked players who have a hard time playing around these abilities. But her abilities start become incredibly weak when going up against enemies that actualy know how to counter her.

I personally think that these Sym changes could add some incredibly fun mechanics to the game and I am happy to see Blizzard going all out with this rework.

Except some of the time when new changes are announced, they ARE the final changes, sometimes.

the mains can be mad. the fan boys of her can rage. as far as im conserned. its a much needed boost/buff/nurf/change that she needed. by doing all of this its forceing her to be more viable. so many people HATE her to start with . now i can see her becomeing a more used hero in matches both on attack and def

the reworks from what i have read and seen on the info about it are going to make her a little stronger then she is now. at the lose of a few things (( some of her turrests will be gone )) she can now also throw them ?! to places insted of haveing to be right up there and place them ! and they now do the damage of 2 insted of the damage of 1 to compinsate for the missing ones that she lost ?!

add in that her teleporter is no longer an alt is an actual skill so now you can pop it in better locations whenever it cools down ? how is this NOT buff !

her gun now does stedy damage and increases in damage the longer you hold the trigger insted of just locking on and sucking life out of you like moira does. it works alot like zar now.

and her charge orb exsplods on inpact with someone or something insted of just poofing off into the nothingness when someone misses. and doing nothing to help. this leads me to beleave she can now do some form of minor splash damage to grouped up enamys again A BUFF .

so everyones crying over the buffs and changes becuse shes not going to be a nitch hero anymore. and might become viable. insted.

what i think it comes down to. is every one wants a hero to hate in this game one that they want to see leave more then all the others. right now its sym and junkrat. nexy big nurf/buff fest it will be someone else.