Can someone explain this to me?

Not even two hours later:

??????
I don’t get it. My first thoughts were that the Overwatch Team are not that communicative with each other or Geoff forgot?

1 Like

explain this to me?*

Oh thanks! In my native language it is written the other way around so I mix it up xD

1 Like

No worries, ace. :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t answer the question, though. Of all the aspects that go into Overwatch, the staff is what I trust or appreciate the least (for several reasons), so any miscommunications don’t leave me surprised. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s possible the answer was written a few days ago, and just uploaded now.

1 Like

It feels so weird tho xD

Like Dev gives you an answer and then 1-2 hours later Twitter gives the exact answer xD

1 Like

Yeah I know. I’m just pulling an plausible explanation out of thin air. Either way, there’s been some breakdown in communication somewhere.

1 Like

The Baptiste Q&A session started over a week ago (March 5). The devs probably answered this specific release question internally back then at that time, but after letting the Q&A session run for awhile to gather as many questions from players as possible, the answers were only just posted today.

So given that the Q&A started last Tuesday, and Baptiste releases next Tuesday, that definitely accounts for Baptiste being “ready for the live servers within the next couple weeks”.

1 Like

oh I didn’t know you aren’t a native English speaker
what’s your native language?
also how are you friend

and I’m pretty sure they typed it earlier, but it was just now posted

1 Like

also possibly to get the lore questions answered

I am portuguese, I live in Europe ^^

1 Like

It’s most likely because Geoff was under NDA and not allowed to disclose the release date even if he knew. If he is under NDA he is not allowed to release any info until the NDA ends, usually at the time of the official announcement. It seems silly but most business have this practice.

You never know what these sort of announcements will impact. For instance, if Geoff knew about a huge rework that would piss off a bunch of people, it could send stock prices crashing, and then all of a sudden PR teams and everyone has to start scrambling, just because Geoff couldn’t wait a bit.

2 Likes

The question was most likely answered days ago, when 3/19 would have been “within the next couple weeks,” regardless of when the answer was posted to the public.

Plus they wouldn’t want to publicly commit to an exact date until the patch was finalized enough to be sure about it.

1 Like

also…it could be that he DID know the date but that they were told not to divulge yet? and clearly that wasnt the case anymore when the official tweet went out

1 Like

He probably did know but couldn’t say specifically what date due to NDA.

Technically, he is not wrong. He is being released within the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Ye, it just seems off that Twitter says the exact date just a couple of hours later. They could have easily edited the answer

Maybe the person behind Twitter is making a call and devs gotta work overtime now

1 Like

The Q&A was posted March 13th, in which they say he will go live “within the next couple weeks”.

The twitter post states that he will go live March 19th - 6 days after the Q&A was posted (so that’s within ONE week).

They also say in the Q&A that he will go into ranked after one week of live testing, so that will be March 26th, which is one week and 6 days after the Q&A - within a “couple weeks”.

Yeah? :slight_smile:

The answer to Q&A was posted in the same day as the tweet tho. What we have been thinking here in the thread is that he might have already answered before but the only posted it at that time which was when the Twitter did too

He said within a few weeks. Since he is most definitely likely to be under an NDA within could mean anywhere between a day and a few weeks. Also, that day was probably the day that they were all given the go ahead to post everything. It’s very possible that the question was answered long before the thread was posted