Can saying the word "Bad" get ur acc banned

account got hit with a perma ban after just getting my account back after a month suspension lmao, only played on it for about a week and I’m 1000% sure i haven’t said any curse words or anything knowing how blizzard would ban me for saying anything. I have been comming in ranked but made sure i havent trash talked or anything but i come back to my account being perma banned. spent good amount of money had lots of skins just kinda pissed a company will just ban your account like thatm, this game always had a terrible report system. can u get banned from spam reports?

2 Likes

Can’t blame the GMs for hating someone with bad grammar.

-First post ever
-Bad grammar
-The title mentions something the message does not

Btw, you don’t need to use curse words to get banned.

5 Likes

Yes.

Fully taking you seriously, I think even the devs admit the report system is not working up to standards. It has flaws, like the ones you mentioned. For example, hypothetically: I go against a 5 stack. They don’t get a kill. I say “ggs!” at the end. They’re salty and convince each other to report me. There’s 5 reports right there. I’m not sure of the numbers, but accumulation does = a robot flagging your account, followed by a silence for x days.

However, I’ve been told and witnessed actual customer support reviewing flagged accounts. So, while I think a robot handles stuff like abusive chat and the more minor defenses for first-time offenders, I think cheating and repeat offenders gets elevated to a team of quality assurance for review.

But, given the amount of “thanks for reporting!” messages I receive when I log in (I only report for racial, bigotry, AFK/griefing, and people telling others to end their lives), I think it doesn’t take much to get your first silence.

1 Like

Did you use your mic?

Saying “turkey” or “sunshine” or “hotdog” can get you banned if enough people report it. So yeah.

2 Likes

I got silenced on 3 accounts in the same week. I don’t name call, I don’t spam voice, I don’t do anything that shouldn’t warrant a ban. But all I really say to people is “Stop throwing.” or “you’re throwing.” or my favourite “Please swap you’re throwing.” But apparently that is enough to be silenced when there are people that literally say the most heinous stuff in both voice and text that never get banned when I report them.

2 Likes

Short answer? Yes. If you’re calling other players “bad”, that’s toxic behavior and will absolutely get you banned if you keep doing it.

It’s not just the words you use, but the context in which you use them. You can use a lot of very mundane words and put them together into a sentence that is incredibly offensive/mean.

That’s toxic communication. You’re being toxic. That’s why you’re getting banned.

This is a perfect example of my above point.

“Stop” is fine if you’re telling your team to stop pushing bot at the end of Push so it doesn’t move closer to the enemy spawn in OT when you’re about to win.

“Throwing” is fine if you’re talking about… idk, throwing junk mines or something.

“Stop throwing” is unhelpful and rude.

1 Like

its not rude, you have to be some sensitive soul to get upset or find rude “You’re throwing”

Telling someone they throwing when they ARE is not rude.

1 Like

The answer is in your own comment. To a relatively well adjusted person, this isn’t something worth reporting. To a very fragile gaming community, it is the epitome of toxic evil and must be banished forever.

I don’t agree, but Blizzard has made it quite clear that this is their standard.

3 Likes

I have seen all sorts of ungodly name calling in this game, when I report them I never see an account action notification pop up when I log in. NEVER.

But god forbid telling someone they are throwing when they are playing into their hard counters and they are 1-6 by second point. :joy:

Its a competitive game. People will say all sorts because they really want to win, they should just remove chat all together if they don’t want any form of toxicity in their game. Because they silence the people that aren’t toxic.

1 Like

Just create a new profile and work with that. Or you could start a new profile and use cheats. People start crying enough to report you when you call them bad, their fragile brains explode when you use 3rd party software against them and it is ever so satisfying. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

this post has TF2 energy.

I’m going to assume you called people bad and were suspended multiple times until eventually getting banned. Is the offense worth getting a permanent ban? I don’t think so, but Blizzard does and there’s not much you can do about it. A lot of people are upset about the report system, but it is what it is. If it bothers you that much just blacklist Microsoft and switch to Linux.

1 Like