Can Rein's charge get an overhaul?

It’s so incredibly inconsistent with who it does and doesn’t pin. I’ve been sucked into his pin like it’s a mini grav, but I’ve also seen people bounce off of Rein’s dead center and not get pinned more times than I can count.

8 Likes

One way to get around this is practicing charging in the training range or some variation of an aim trainer. Just gotta know the sweet spot for Rein’s charge. Just off of my memory I think if they are closer to your left side they have less chance of being picked up, and will just get booped away by your shoulder

Right, but like… It’s just poorly designed right now. It’s inconsistent, not intuitive, and just feels bad when you hit someone dead on only to watch them bounce off.

4 Likes

I know. I’m just saying you can find those inconsistencies by practicing. For example you have less of a chance at hitting your target when you turn during charge, because turning changes the angle of your hitbox

Right, but that’s not really the point of the post.

How would you rework charge then? The hitbox is already very forgiving. It’s not intended to be a catch-all that just grabs people out of thin air

Just better align it with his model, mostly. It needs to be shrunk and have the hitbox shifted.

Grabbing people from way outside of where it should feels bad, missing when you hit someone dead-on feels bad.

5 Likes

I hit people dead on with it and have them bounce off me instead literally all the time.

1 Like

They won’t make it more accurate, because people will cry about a guarantee 1 shot on small fries.

What they should do is give him immunity during charge and 1 second after if you don’t secure the pin.

I don’t understand how the naki man has immunity while charging, but the armored man doesn’t.

1 Like

I’d rather remove the unstoppable from Mauga. Such a stupid idea just conceptually.

They said Overwatch 2’s new engine would fix bugs like this, right?

That would just make charge broken. There needs to be some risk and counter play involved for a tank 1 shot. Mauga charge can never one shot.
Give rein over health when he lands fire strike. That type of sustain is more fair

That will make naki man worse tier than he already is.

They should also rework Reins shield shape to be more like old Orisa’s shield.

His right shoulder sucks left is easier to bounce off. Check a YouTube for specifics

I think all they did was slap on a few new graphical features and then add ton of systems to promote bp progression systems and ingame shop.

I don’t see any evidence of anything else new.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree. At most, they updated whatever engine they were already using. I still see the same bugs, and very minimal graphical improvements to the game.

2 Likes

Honestly the only thing that should stop a Rein charge is another Rein charge, everyone else should just eat it, especially Orisa in fortify.

It seems to be tied to his chest cavity. The shoulder side of his charge doesn’t have as great of a range for suction as his otherside.

If you have a chance to walk to one side or another, you should generally aim towards his shoulder side. Which means since he charges with his left shoulder, you should generally try to see if you can get to his right side.

However, all things considered if you can try to juke his aim where he can’t turn quickly enough.