Can mercy get a "skill" cap increase?

Eh, not really. I mean if youre comparing it to directly post rework Moth, yes, but over all, no.

It made it way more simpler than old mass ress was, and drastically lowered the decision making of the ability.

I agree with the OP, I think a lot of complaints about Mercy not being impactful come from exactly that, having very limited options on what you can do to be ‘‘the better one’’ in the game.

I had the pleasure of playing with a 4.3k mercymain in a QP 6 stack the other day and it actually suprised me how much of an impact she had on the game. It was a pretty hard carry actually.

I don’t really agree with the low skill ceiling tbh, I think the character has a lot of nuance to it that still allows good players to shine.

3 Likes

id like to see that main given a bronze account, and see if they can climb to their rank with only mercy

1 Like

I’m sure they would. They’d just whip out their pistol and 1v6 enemy team until gold. Then slowly climb as they support better than opponent’s supports.

1 Like

nothing to do with skill cap, it’s all about the other healers synergizing better with the other meta heroes

considering both ana and moira out heal mercy, and zens transe outheals valk……
id say mercy isn’t in a good spot right now

Mercy is one of the most difficult heroes to play in the game well IMO. Her skill ceiling is quite high. It’s night and day what a good Mercy player does compared to what I can do with her.

I like to think I am a good mercy, I have a lot of experience with her.
I made a thread about this before but I objectively proved wrong the idea she can carry.
if I was a bad mercy my rank should fall right?
if I was a good mercy my rank should rise right?
but at 1300 SR, 1800 SR, and 2000 SR, I always have 50% win rate as mercy, I stay at that rank and neither climb nor fall.

even on my daughters account which is below 500, if I play on it and pick mercy, I get locked at 50%… do I suck at mercy? why don’t I fall back to bronze for playing her then?

ana on the other hand, I can easily climb a bronze account to high silver

Not that, I’m talking about the knockback changes.

I’m talking about the knockback.

You objectively proved that she can’t carry because you can’t carry with her? Okay.

1 Like

she’s the only hero who can reliably heal mobile heroes aside from zens harmony orb

she also has the highest mobility of all supports, although lucio is a close second

1 Like

ummmm. did you not read it?
if she could carry I woulda been able to rank up out of <500
if im not able to carry out of <500 with her, that should mean I suck with her, but I maintain the SR even as high as gold…
are you really going to tell me that its me? number don’t lie

Yes. It’s called ‘play other heroes when the situation is most fitting’. You got an unlimited skill cap there.

1 Like

Have you taken a look at the dodo compromise rework?

I have not, ill have to check it out!

excellent

my post includes a link to it

No, she’s meant to be introductory just like 76. Consistent healing without resource management, revival, and damage boost. Her kit is fine, she’s just outclassed.

should heros be outclassed?
the devs have been pretty open about wanted people to play the hero they want. freedom is important.
people get mad when heros are not all balanced. everyone should be viable and skill based.
if not, it should be open. it should be quite clear in game, which heros are objectively best, if its not intended to be balanced

1 Like

Below 500, you can just use Valk and kill at least half of their team every fight. Most players can’t shoot up till high gold/plattinum