Can I get banned or suspended by using a keyboard and mouse?

For me is cheaper buy a good keyboard and mouse than buy a new official controller, and I don’t know if I can get banned by using it on a Xbox, Ps4 or Switch.
Can I get banned by using it?

I don’t think so, but there is a special place in hell for M&KB user on console

63 Likes

How is that cheaper?? You need to buy an adapter AND a controller AND a mouse and keyboard to use it on console. I have seen people use XIMS on console and you need all of those items to make it work on console. To answer your question you probably won’t get banned but it’s really scummy to do.

20 Likes

People might report you anyways, but, in Overwatch Team’s eyes, it is not a bannable or reportable offense

3 Likes

The adapted is like 100£ it’s not cheaper

5 Likes

Agreed that’s what I’m saying

You can be suspended, not for mkb, but because people of blizz community reporting for every thing they dislike. Nobody will check your replays or review any evidence (as said in e-mail when you get suspended). All bans were done by automatic bot right after you get enough amount of reports in some of category.

not really, especially if you understand the fact “adapters except XIM and Reasnow are trash and working worse than usual controller”. Xim and Reasnow were made by companies not linked with sony or microsoft.

These adapters just “smurfing”, so console can see only regular gaming controller, not mkb adapter. It is invisible because of spoofing. On the paper its “cheating”. In reality - only people who not doing very good with controller whining about adapters. Adapters has same limitations as everyone.

Can’t ban console players for that, Blizzard would be creating serious conflicts of interests with Sony and Microsoft. This the answer you were looking for?

1 Like

no, you cant.

its kind of a jerk thing to do tho

7 Likes

I will try to use a gamesir VX lmao

1 Like

I always report XIM users. They are the cancer of the console version of OW.

I report them for cheating because youre using 3rd party software

13 Likes

Dont think u will get banned. Blizzard doesnt care about console anyway. Smurf issues was way more of a thing there, and they didnt care about it, nor about different balancing.

This said, dont do it, i feel like its kind of an unfair advantage.

3 Likes

My PS4 controllers have hard core stick drift within a a few months of playing. Even with a warranty I’m still paying $15 for shipping and a warranty on the new controller. It adds up a lot over time and I’ve considered switching to mouse and keyboard to save money a few times. I’m super careful with my controllers and don’t rage. They just break from playing games

Just stop anyway, it’s stupid, no matter what rank you get to with m n kb, know it’s not deserved.

1 Like

No. You cannot be banned for it.

Don’t let these people dissuade you from doing what is more affordable for you.

Provided you only emulate kb and mouse and don’t use any extra’s there is no real distinct advantage between mk and controller.

1 Like

I have been a ps4 and pc player for years… My controllers never wear down that fast. It is WAY MORE expensive to play with mouse and keyboard on console than it is to use a normal controller. The adapter alone is over 100 bucks and then you still need to buy a controller to pair with the adapter AND you have to buy a decent mouse and keyboard. Its not cheaper at all.
You are just trying to make an excuse for kb and mouse instead of playing legit like everyone else. If you really want to use it that badly just save up and move to pc where you can vs people on a equal playing field.

edit.
I just found ps4 controllers on amazon for 20 bucks. You guys are insane lol

7 Likes

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

Jeff has said in the past, and I’m paraphrasing here, “We know it’s frustrating, but there’s nothing we can do about it. Please stop reporting it.”

Besides, most masters+ on Xbox are XIM users. Click away, my friend! :slight_smile:

I would argue that target acquisition and camera turn speed can be greatly increase by use of a mouse.

100% this. As a “platinum” border player on Xbox, I don’t give a damn what peripherals you’re using anymore.

At the sacrifice of precise analog movement.

Target acquisition is all muscle memory.

1 Like

I definitely don’t agree with that. I do agree with the general consensus that keyboard and mouse offers a superior FPS experience.

You won’t get banned, but please pretty please turn aim assist off if using mkb on console.

2 Likes