Can Doomfist Just NOT Knock People Back?

I never got into WoW myself, but the usual complaint I hear from (former) WoW PvPers is that it’s just a giant pile of CC, which seems like the opposite of what you’re implying.

Their big hitbox is easy to hit with everything, not just CC/stun moves. Stuns, like everything, tend to hit tanks most often, since the tanks’ main job is to get in the way of things. Stunning a squishy to ensure their instantaneous death without reprieve is still generally more impactful.

but then he wouldn’t have combos

DPS characters aren’t supposed to have so much crowd control, it’s very unnatural. I don’t know what blizz was thinking there. That cc should be on a tank

Sure but also add in that most of them have shields so standard damage largely doesn’t affect them.

Then how do you knock people off the edge of map?

With Lucio-o-o… :stuck_out_tongue:

He needs it to line up shots and combos, also to deal wall damage.

Because that’s his kit. It gives him more to do than just deal damage.

It was a giant pile of standing around trying to make lifebars go away, with the occasional (read: VERY occasional) movement and the odd stun, which was really just pausing the lifebar depletion for some folks. Overwatch is much more movement-centric, so abilities that cause some sort of movement are actually much more relevant to this kind of game.

Why does every support have to press a button to heal, why can’t they just exist like Lucio.

I’d personally love if this game had less knockbacks, less spam, less healing and less shields, but we can’t always get what we wish for.

More on point, doomfist needs to be able to do that to act as a disruptor as he was intended.

1 Like

He’s stunned cc one shot really stunned stunned stunned stunned cc horrible to cc stun stun one shot stun play against cc stun

1 Like

I honestly don’t understand why his seismic slam has to send people in the air. Pointless and annoying.

It’d be nice if it stunned, like his fist.

To quote a fellow forum user;

1 Like

It would easier for them to kill you and it would be strange for you to do all these moves and have them just stand still.

I am sure you would be totally happy about the power trade that would happen if he got his CC removed. Welcome to everything he does one shots a tank. Jee Jee Eazy E.

WoW PvP is wall to wall endless CC these days

Every single class has multiple disables and tons of them are AoE. Nearly everyone (if not everyone) has an AoE stun, for example.

The damage is actually less than it was back in BC/LK but the CC is so much more.

Why does doomfist have such a loud audio que when charging his 3 second rocket punch that leaves him vulnerable to only knock someone away and if lucky actually hitting them if they see him coming. Why does he have to aim his punch at a wall so he can secure a kill for such a loud audio cue and making him a big target with little escape? UGH doomfist cc is not worth the payoff for his exposure that he creates trying to single out someone. Why cant his punch be like genji where its instant and requires no charge time and flies through enemies resetting on kills?. Really bothers me…

I find it kind of sad that there are still so many who just want the game to be lifebars. No knocks, shields, heals, no nothing? Really? We’ve got Call of Duty for that, you know. It’s pretty straightforward; you shoot, they die.

This, on the other hand, is Overwatch. We have this thing called physics; it creates this thing called reactivity, which in turn creates this thing called fun.