Can Blizzard make a forum rule where we can't talk about politics?

Young you are still, a misunderstanding.

Rightness in our world is measured by quantity. And for some reason you push the logic …

Both of our presidents running for office are bad. I wish I could vote for someone else.

1 Like

I know but it’s weird. It seems like all the LGBTQ threads just dissapeared. They were the hot topic of the forums for a bit. Eh they’ll be back next june

1 Like

While I like that idea, it’s unlikely because they’ll get crucified for it both ways, they won’t ban lgbt stuff and we know inequality breed contempt and that contempt will be aimed at LGBT (BAD MOVE) and if they outright ban it along with LGBT stuff then the LGBT crowd would be FURIOUS (and I know it’s not a political position, it’s just sad that people see it that way, and they DO see it that way REGARDLESS of what you may think about it being right or wrong to do so - therefore it causes contempt if singularly left on) and that would also be bad.

You know, there is a 3rd and fourth option, do it unilaterally and don’t care about the games journalism bullying you into making you apologise - or don’t do it at all and that’s what we have got. And sadly, that feels like ALL of our options thanks to flaktivism dividing us to the point liking someone of the same or ambiguous gender is seen as a POLITICAL AFFILIATION. World would be a whole lot better if some of these people just shut up and stopped making everyone hate one another on tribal lines based on race gender and who we like to do it with. Their brand of social media driven activism is hurting more than it helps and no one is trying to bridge the gap therefore we have NO OPTIONS but these crap ones.

Really. No.

Biden isn’t ideal on issues.

Trump is responsible for more dead Americans than 9/11

4 Likes

There’s a huge megathread: LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

1 Like

Bots reflect the systemic biases of the people who create them, either directly, or through their selection of data and metrics.

Honestly though, the bigger issue in this context is that the bot isn’t gonna work well because it’s a massive resource sink, and there’s low tolerance for failure. Imagine the bot accidentally learning that buff/nerf X threads are political because of the amount of flags and angery words, and subsequently deleting 90% of the forums.

I mean, is it really a matter of opinion that a ton of people are going to die, because they aren’t wearing masks?

Why in the world are you happy about tens of thousands of avoidable dead people?

As if it’s some sort of sporting event.

Maybe it’s anything thats going on in the world that’s conflict? Stuff that bring up more arguments?

I don’t think such a thing is realistic nor enforceable. There’s already an “on topic” rule where things are supposed to be related to Overwatch. But current events are current events. People are gonna talk about them.

2 Likes

I just don’t like anything that separate people because of a diff belief, you know?

They really should make an Off Topic forum for it. That way, people can elect whether or not they want to participate in those kinds of discussions.

We’ve needed one for a while now, not just for politics stuff either.

4 Likes

I mean I could leap into all sorts of discourse about how things like LGBT rights shouldn’t be a “difference of belief” buuuut I mean. Things as basic as D.Va buffs are boiled down to difference in belief about her viability and role in the game. So it’s a bit general to me.

1 Like

Your a genius!

Yup.
And they’d look pretty stanky if they shut down a thread in support of certain large movements.

Politics is lame I agree but really it’s about time people cut the crap with the racism it’s 2020, not the stone ages. The color of your skin has nothing to do with the kind of person you are.

3 Likes

Nothing is stopping you from doing so.

But do you know why we got such a bad selection? A mix of people deliberately not wanting to care, and sufficient DNC/RNC establishment shenaniganry to stop those that actually do.

except everyone discussed hong kong, lol

Also political systems in general are generally optimized toward working with two major parties. Even in countries where you have much more diversity in terms of political parties, you still usually wind up with them grouping into two coalitions, and people often vote on the basis of these coalitions over the individual parties unless there’s a particular issue they really feel very strongly about. The nature of politics in the USA definitely aggravates that and makes it more evident, but it’s pretty frequently the case in any nation that allows free elections.

I would love it. Such discussion is divisive, trollish, and has no place on this forum.

GET ON IT, BLIZZ!