Can a Solo Player leave if they're placed in a match with a 5 man group?

How about you grasp simple concepts? It’s competitive because you are locked in for the entire game, because you’re queening to play the competitive game mode?

Quit your bítching and play the game, or accept the fact you will lose SR for leaving 5 people at a disadvantage because you refuse to accept it’s not a solo q game

1 Like

when i’m put with a 5 stack I have the best experience by muting all chats and focusing on myself

… wrong. Just wrong.

you braindead or something?
Nobody talked about exclusion. Its about giving EVERYBODY in a match equal chances on winning.
You DON’T do that with groups mixed into solo Queue, how is this so hard to understand.

Go look up the devs post and there isn’t a single match without a group on console right now (low to mid ranks)

read above for why that is a dumb idea

Here we go, good job on twisting a term to something behind stupid.

That’s not my issue, there are games I enjoy with groups but that’s not the point.
Most of those games feel onesided with you having zero to no influence as the sole guy especially if they don’t enter TVC.

You’re free to leave as things are right now.

And you’ll get a fitting punishment as well, free of charge.

1 Like

What makes it a “fitting” punishment?

The only one twisting things or being stupid is you boy, refusing to understand a simple concept.

the game isn’t solo q only, it’s group and solo q. You can be grouped with others or have 5 other soloers, that’s how it goes.

Grow up, get over it, or quit and good riddance

1 Like

I mean, you get a heavier SR loss and a ban.

How is that not fitting for abandoning your team to fend for themselves?

1 Like

That’s cool but that’s not competitive
So have a good day Sir!

How is it “my team” if they basically isolate me as the single player?
I’d like to remind you that there isn’t even text chat on console. So why should I be forced to spend time on that match?
That match is decided by the better group unless you outclass them by two ranks there isn’t much you can do.
This happened in the past as well but recently it’s just getting out of hand.
Groups in general, I can’t remember my last all Solo match and that is not a joke. This isn’t even border ranks we are talking about…

You are literally trying to say the allowance of solo queue makes competitive mode non-competitive. That is what an exclusion criteria is. What other words do you not understand so I can avoid using and confusing you?

Because grouping doesn’t affect your chance at winning:

No, you make a claim then it is on you to provide the evidence.

In order for it to be competitive, you have to grant everybody an equal chance to win. That is not the case if you mix solo Q and group Q since groups are favored in such a system, their ranks will reflect that.
They even created a business model based on this… boosting

Yea right :roll_eyes:
And a high ranked widow will have just as much impact on a lower ranked game as a high ranked Mercy?

Blizzard’s post based on their collected objective data proves your subjective opinion wrong. You repeatedly harping your baseless assertion like a flat-earther isn’t going to change objective data.

Prove the evidence for your claim that OW competitive is suppose to be for all solo. Not that I expect you to, since you made that up along with your definition of competitive.

I hate stackers so when I get a 5 stack I generally instalock Mercy or DPS and send them into chaos, since majority of the stacks I’ve played with either have a mercy one trick or a DPS ‘carry’.

It is, your opinion is irrelevant.

either get over it, or quit.

Lol what?

Thats interesting

Nvm i took the bait

The best solution would obviously be to split the ladder into solo queue and 6 stacks only games. They would just need to tweak the LFG a bit in order to make it easier to fill out your team. Would probably make the ladder more enjoyable as well, at least if queuing for stacked game as being toxic more then likely would result in you being kicked from the group.

5 stack in comp just needs to be removed.

No, it really doesn’t. Solo q should be removed instead, so people actually group up and work together as the game was intended

You really need to start using that thing between your ears.
If it actually was possible to guarantee a fair match, they wouldn’t start restricting those features at the higher end of the ladder, now would they?
If you are aware of what the MM (based on their own statements) considered for matchmaking, you’d also be able to deduct how dynamic queue can’t possibly guarantee a fair match.

bUt wHat AbOUut ThEir “objective” data? First of all, understand the struggle in actually measuring something as “whether a match is/was fair or not”.
Since you most likely didn’t even put 1 min of thought into it, take your time and understand that they most likely just accumulate their data and don’t actually have a way to determine this on match scale.
All they did so far was showing you a percentage number as “evidence” which you seem to have swallowed as “proof” for whatever reason.
Anyone with little understanding in statistics would be aware of how easy you can (maybe not) deliberately showcase data in a way that makes it appear backing up claims.
So what do you know actually? Do you know what methods they used? How does their Matchmaking affect their measured data?
Again, If the idea is to offset (balance matches) groups by placing similarly sized groups on each side of the match, its impossible to guarantee a fair match.
Now what could possibly be the worst thing? They check their data for a specific match/map (preferably one with an estimated 50% win chance by default) and continuously observe how mixed matches do over time.
Now they might remain at 50% just like all solo matches would do but since you aren’t able to measure at match scale, all of those matches could have been one-sided at the get-go.
But then again… they never claimed that those matches are fair, did they? They just stated that they believe that to be the fairest possible way, which is probably true for dynamic queues in general but that’s not something you’d seek in a competitive mode nevertheless.
You should also keep in mind that such systems struggle more with fewer players online, something they mentioned too btw. and maybe (at the moment) a more relevant subject for the console community.

There is a reason why actual fair competitive sports & games agree on equal terms for their participants, but I guess you know it better than the entire human race.
PS: This subject has been debated since launch btw.

No boy, you really need to go and get one in the first place.

Your opinion is not only wrong, but irrelevant, the data makes it so. You seem to think your opinion trumps data and evidence, it doesn’t.

No matter how much you whine, this is not a solo Q game, it will never be a solo Q game, not now, not ever.

You will get a well deserved ban for leaving a group because you don’t want to play in a team, or part of a team, in a team based game.

1 Like