Calling all brig mains: any tips?

Well I’m silver and brig is op cuz shield and she need delete

1 Like

Then git gut. (Luckily the game is not balanced around silver)

4 Likes

But but brig op and I’m majority so blizz has to listen to me

1 Like

You’ll want to be careful with flagging posts. Blizzard loves to punish people for flagging, especially if you’re being reasonable about it.

As for Brigitte advice:

• The shield bash should be saved for two occasions: stopping a flanker or stopping/stalling certain ultimate abilities (Whole Hog, Deadeye, Dragonblade).
  • Brigitte does best in the back of the front line, so NEVER step in front of your main tank unless to finish off a lone enemy or otherwise advised to do so.
  • Whip shot is a decent hope at keeping your AOE healing running, but you’re pretty vulnerable if you whiff. Just something to be cautious of. Mind your timing.
4 Likes

I think that beyond common sense,

1. Shield Up always, Shield Jump (like Reinhardt) to increase a bit of mobility
  2. Be aware of Shield HP
  3. Always be near your tanks to add to their DPS and especially Heal them
  4. Peel for your co-Support (if there is one) - I always make it a point to utilise her 3rd person view to scan the environment and had spotted and eliminated careless Red Team flankers who wanted to spring one on my team mates
  5. Do not be afraid to Bash in, Whip x2 and then Whip Shot
  6. If your co-Support is decent, be aggressive and push chokes / contest payloads especially if your Tank player is not a Shield Tank
  7. Always spam Armour packs, cannot emphasise this enough. Especially on Tanks and co-Supports.

I love Brigitte because she is a very versatile character and multi-functional.
Kind of like an Off Tank, a good stead constant source of healing and a great peeler.

P.S. The dislike for Brig is very real though and don’t ever get demoralised playing her. I can get Gold Healing (with an Ana and a Moira on my team), receive Cards and despite all these; never received acknowledgment nor votes. Ha ha! Not a big deal for this old man. However, it can be demoralising for some.

3 Likes

tips? yeah, play another hero. she is easy and boring.

1 Like

This is gonna sound like, really basic, but actually timing her stun is a really important thing to try and perfect.

Her value increases exponentially if you can manage to get good at interrupting or denying important abilities and ultimates.

There are other abilities that you can predict, too. For example, earlier today I was playing Moira. The enemy D.va started self destructing, and the enemy Brigitte knew that I would try and fade at the last minute to stay alive. She ended up stunning me just before I started fading, and the D.va bomb ended up killing me.

There are a million different interactions that you can get teally good at, and it’s an important part of playing her well.

2 Likes

W, m1, easy sr 5head

1 Like

Good to know that asking for help playing brig better = trolling.

1 Like

I’m not calling you out for what you are doing in this thread, but for what a lot of people say you are going to do. Playing the victim won’t prevent people from seeing your true intentions.

If they’re considered a troll in a different forum, then they shouldn’t be flagged in another one. What if they actually came to this forum site not to troll in general, but actually ask around for tips and stuff related to game. If they haven’t done any trolling on this forum site, then they shouldn’t be flagged for trolling outside of this site.

Well you want to get your positioning down. Wait for the opportune moment and then smash your face on the keyboard and roll left to right while holding M1.

Except they have already done a troll thread, and multiple people have called this person out. Their VERY FIRST thread on this forum was a troll thread.

You rob one bank and go to prison, it isn’t impossible to expect you’re going to rob another one when you get out.

1 Like

Your stuns are important for ult cancels so be sure to be on guard with that and do not try to tank the frontline unless your rein is in trouble. Your shield is mostly personal. Also if you need heals but your pack is on CD use whipshot to initiate inspire. That can help until you can get close enough to start really using melee range. If you can use whipshot to isolate key enemy players from the team such as for example an Ana or toss a reinhardt back so he doesn’t block the enemy team with his shield all the better. These are my two cents but I am not really a bring main, just occasionally fill the role when I feel like it.

I’ll just say try and shield :shield: some teammates I know it’s a small shield but she is like a miniature Reinhardt! And use inspire at the ut most need! Other then that you got this! Oh wait! One more thing try and stay in the back line sometimes! :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh also, try to resist the urge to panic ult. Hers isn’t trans or sound barrier. IF your teammates got picked off, it’s better to save it and initiate once you regrouped and then go in. Make sure your team gets the full armor bonus right before the fight starts.

On the OW US forum? If so, then mind providing a link to it.
Edit: Oh okay. I’ll check first post.

First, there’s a difference between an online forum site and robbery. Second, we can’t just automatically predict they do that same action again knowing the consequences they have earned. It’s basically trial and error.

I’ll gladly link it.

There are many, MANY people on this thread calling this person out.

1 Like

Are you still angry that he said that genjis counters aren’t that strong? Get over it, it’s not like there wasn’t some truth in it

1 Like

That wasn’t even why I posted the thread here in the first place, you aren’t proving anything.

This was a troll thread, it was called out by many, many people.