"but other f2p games also lock heroes"

you think getting all the licenses to make skins for pretty much every franchise under the sun comes cheap?

1 Like

Yeah. . . . .

They made BANK off of low cost development on obviously PS2 looking gameplay and animations while OVERWATCH has always matched Pixar & Disney in just CGI alone.

Comparing Overwatch to Fortnite is like telling a Lamborghini to follow the lead of a Kia down the road and copy what they do.

That doesn’t work

Not even close. Bungie, Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Respawn and Id Software are lightyears ahead of them. Blizzard is the best at art direction. That’s about it.

if lamborghini has been in a rut for three years while kia is selling billions then yeah, maybe they should take a peek.
fortnite is the best performing f2p game around, do you think blizzard would choose not to follow it over a sense of superiority?
That’s 2K’s shtick and their “we don’t want people to think out game is f2p so we’ll call it demo instead”

So basically what you’re really asking for is Low Res textures and 60 fps max & some uninspired Maps w/ uninspired Characters running around in OW3.

“Quality” Leadership

at this point i’m not even sure what you’re blathering about, i merely said in my original post that fortnite is more consumer friendly and is also wildly succesful, so blizzard could’ve stuck to just cosmetics and not also lock heroes.

What are the obvious differences between Overwatch vs Fortnite development costs………

You’re comparing apples & oranges

even if fortnite costed as much as overwatch to produce (it probably does) their monetization system still pulls up enough money to be the highest grossing f2p game around still.

Since it’s a CHEAP game to DEVELOP literally ZERO NEW Content for, right?

Overwatch is actually doing major work on a AAA high cost game & you just flippantly declare some low budget looking indie game as #1 GOAT

at this point it’s very clear you just have a raging vendetta against fortnite and this discussion can’t move past that.
peace out, bye.

at this point i’m wondering if english is not your first language because that’s not what i said

Sounds like OW2. Recycling old gameplay content and only adding some new skins to monetize.

You said FORTNITE can DO IT!

This ain’t Billy Bob’s FPS gaming….

Fortnite is extremely LOW Budget

So ofc Fortnite can provide very little to ZERO additions to New Maps & New Heroes & Voice Lines & Animations cuz it’s making BANK via CHEAP labor.

i mean fortnite is very clearly using cheap labor and overtaxed programmers, but no sane person would say it has little content

paladins isnt worth that money

Low budget content is the real Bottom Line

that’s another point entirely, the point is that it’s very much more consumer friendly than overwatch 2 seems to be.

They get new content all the time, you really dont know what you are talking about

Its not cheap either, fortnite was actually a really hard game to develop that was in dev hell for years. they have a huge team working on it at all times

i brought that up because its how i felt myself. It is a long grind to unlock heroes and that game simply isnt worth paying for

the card loadouts really are not a great way to counter when they release op heroes either. That was your argument and thats not sound imo

I can even go as far as to safely bet that 1 Blizzard voice actor is probably paid more than all other voice actors in the whole game of Fortnite. If any exist? :rofl:

• Low Res Texture and PS2 Graphics? Check
• Minimal Animations? Check
• No New Content aka Maps / Heroes? Check

the loadout helps customizing your hero and helps you adapt to the situation.
overwatch’s only way to adapt to the situation is swapping heroes

1 Like